Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just ended up with a 62 parts rig I am slowly getting through it. Lots of goodies let em know what you need.

Also have a full set of 60 axles for sale as well.

LEX

Do you stIill have the brake booster? Condition?

Still have the BB, it does work. PM me a phone number and Ill shoot you a couple of pics.

I plan on keeping it for at least a couple of more weeks until I can get the carcass on a trailer and get the axles pulled, current plan.

Damn Mike I just got rid of seven or eight workable fenders. Let me see what I have in my trailer. I have aprons though and I'll put a pair aside for you.

Very nice looking truck but yeah it ain't cheap. LHD is desirable and that is coming from a guy who has owned several RHD cruisers including my current ride the HDJ81. I am used to RHD and it doesn't much bother me but given my choice of course I'd prefer LHD. On the other hand I'd prefer a stock unmolested vehicle over one that has been repainted and re-powered by people I don't know.

As to whether it should be better on long trips than Steve's existing setup- 3FE with 5 speed transmission- I would say yes for two reasons: better fuel mileage and it should have working cruise control. Most HDJ81's that I've heard of get in the area of 20-25 MPG, I'd guess a 3FE with an overdrive fifth gear might get 15MPG on the highway. Even with diesel being pricier than gas I'd figure the cost of fuel to drive from VA to CO would be lower with the diesel. My truck just got 20.5 MPG on the last fillup and that was mostly running around locally. At least that's one big reason I bought my HDJ81! Of course the other big factor is it has working cruise control. Power wise I would think they're about the same.

I would never consider towing a vehicle and a trailer with my 81, I don't think it has the power to adequately do it and the biggest reason would be the brakes. I firmly believe that towing a trailer and rig with an 80 series is dangerous because of the braking capability. Heard too many stories and have done it myself a few times and I don't think it's a safe proposition.

Here's a $500 opportunity for tomorrow morning..

Apparently the 2 people before me are coming from New Jersey and VA Beach... if they are really driving that far, one of them is going to be turning around pretty unhappy. I'll still give it a go since it's only about 45 minutes from me. @TRFCSUX, if you're by chance looking for an 80, offer to go by early tomorrow and snap it up and I'll buy your 62!

Or if someone good with cruisers can schedule to go early tomorrow morning, have a look, confidently say it's solid, give me a call and pay for it. I'll reimburse you plus $500! @OTRAMM ?

Normally I'd be on it, but I have a meeting with a client in the morning in MD. I'm not sure if Ryan is back in the country at the moment.
I got back from Colombia last night. But I'll be catching up on house work and scheduling work all weekend :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom