Official color code thread (need pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pablo - Been looking for the same answers myself, and I haven't heard anything definitive. I have a White 1975 FJ40 which makes it even more confusing since that was the year they transition from T012 to T-031! I'll tell you what I've learned below (responded in your quote):

So what color will you paint your top?

So it seems that the paint question about the silver/grey trim I was hoping to find on this thread wasn't really answered.

I've got a '72 808 Horizon Blue FJ40 and am looking for some information on what color to paint the following items: (all of which appear to be gray but are they the same gray?)

Front bumper
Rear bumperettes
seat frames (front and rear jump)
mirrors
ash tray
glove box door
gauge face plate cover
wiper motor
Wheels

I am trying to keep restore this one to original and would love to get the stock colors.

I found two on this thread
1) T1434 Gray Metallic
2) PPG 33071- 73 Toyota Warm silver poly

Any know the magic number? Thanks,

It sounds like the Ash Gray Metallic is it, but I might see if the paint shop will can also mix up a little Toyota Warm Silver Poly and compare the 2...

So what color will you paint your top?

I'm thinking I'm going to go with modern Toyota "Super White" which I believe is paint code 040.

Seems to be the "whitest" white I can find of the toyota codes, and should be pretty readily available.

Pablo - depends on the year of your truck. I don't think any pre 76 had them. But otherwise, yeah, usually on the passenger side inner fender, mounted low.

Codes are 031 and then LE11.

WTF is LE11???

I believe LE11 is either the gray "trim" color, or the pewter silver color (like the front bumper)

I'm not 100% sure about this though, might want to wait for someone else to chime in.

Well, time to pull the trigger and order paint as we are ready to start shooting the 40! https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/80054-rub-dub-dub-pablos-got-new-tub.html

Painter wants to work with single-stage, urethane DuPont.

Paint shop said no prob w/ T-031 White.

I saw this post from Pimp: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=92276&postcount=11 and decided to ask for the T-302 Shell Ivory for the top, she could not find it in her computer. I asked her for T-012 Cygnus White and she had it. I have seen this white on various Pig and I think it will be fine for a roof cap (just not sure how it will look next to T-031 White).

Then I asked for T-1434 Ash Gray Metallic and again there was no luck in the computer. I asked her for T-128 Warm Silver Poly and she said T-128 turns up as Silver, trim color, all models for Toyota. So I thought that sounded safe. She has a chip of the T-128. I'll go pick up the paint in a few minutes and if the chip looks good compared to my ash tray I'll get a quart.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Well, time to pull the trigger and order paint as we are ready to start shooting the 40! https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/80054-rub-dub-dub-pablos-got-new-tub.html

Painter wants to work with single-stage, urethane DuPont.

Paint shop said no prob w/ T-031 White.

I saw this post from Pimp: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=92276&postcount=11 and decided to ask for the T-302 Shell Ivory for the top, she could not find it in her computer. I asked her for T-012 Cygnus White and she had it. I have seen this white on various Pig and I think it will be fine for a roof cap (just not sure how it will look next to T-031 White).

Then I asked for T-1434 Ash Gray Metallic and again there was no luck in the comnputer. I asked her for T-128 Warm Silver Poly and she said T-128 turns up as Silver, trim color, all models for Toyota. So I thought that sounded safe. She has a chip of the T-128. I'll go pick up the paint in a few minutes and if the chip looks good compared to my ash tray I'll get a quart.

Wish me luck!

The paint shop was really cool and gave me the "recipes" for these paint codes!

Hope this may help someone down the road...
40 Paint 001.jpg
40 Paint 002.jpg
40 Paint 003.jpg

Thanks for providing an informative site guys.

I've got a 68 that I've stripped down, parts are off @ the painter & he's asking codes. Looks like mine was the T-302 Ivory Shell & T-451 Coronado Biege. Has anybody come up with good cross references for these colors? I really appreciate the help.
IMG_0480r.jpg

One other question, is the grill insert the same white as the roof? Pretty certain it is, just verifying - Thanks,

Does anybody have pics of Cadet Blue and Heath Gray colors for Land Cruisers 40 series ?
I would like to make up my mind before choosing one for my BJ45 and my future BJ46

I mean not paint samples but entire cars with orginal paint or repainted with these 2 Toyota color codes

Thanks

Great thread...

Pretty sure i have original color on my 1970. It is crappy and repairing rust and restoring, but want to stick with how she came.

Folks agree Coronado Beige?

image-561770093.jpg
image-3891286096.jpg
image-561770093.jpg

Looks like it..T451, only 1 type of beige in 69-70.
Thanks!

Looks like 416 dune beige has been resurrected as "quicksand" code 2KP for the FJ Cruiser, 2011 through 2014.
The paint shop I was working with only had formulas for the 416 as a single stage paint, not base coat + clear coat, making it harder to put down a deep glassy finish.
Too late for me but maybe somebody else can use it.
The dune beige looks great but the next cruiser needs to be "rustic green".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom