Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@kreiten, but aren't you on a 20mm offset? I am really tight in there with my 295/70r17 and 50mm offset, and I love a tight fit, but I don't think i have even a half inch to spare.
@Markuson, dude, if you could test that future set up without your wheel spacers, I would do questionable things for you... like let you drive my 200.
@tabraha, respect! but you know what i'm trying to say about the traction surface where we are, it's... well its just a mess, but i like the challenge.
yah 20mm offset on a 9 inch wheel, so yah I guess you are gonna be a bit tighter in there than me...
upload_2017-5-23_14-48-38.png

Last edited:
hah, my thoughts exactly:)

Dang it! I gotta quit using my favorite smiley, ( :hillbilly: )as some think I'm calling them hillbilly! ;)

Found a possible compromise for the cooler box haters, check this out:

Amazon.com: Salusy Car Center Console Armrest Box Glove Box Secondary Storage For Toyota Land Cruiser 2008-2017: Automotive

This thing is actually kinda nifty. The bottom is actually a rubber mat, that sticky stuff so anything in there can't slide around or rattle. It is as deep as it can be without blocking the cold air vents that keep the inside of the box cool.

I bought one of these back in November, when my wife first said it was OK to get a 200. Told her that since I had already made the investment in a part, she couldn't back out of the deal. Didn't get the 200 until March of this year.

If I might add, plenty of room for a couple of drinks under the tray, so it never leaves my console box.

Found a possible compromise for the cooler box haters, check this out:

Amazon.com: Salusy Car Center Console Armrest Box Glove Box Secondary Storage For Toyota Land Cruiser 2008-2017: Automotive

This thing is actually kinda nifty. The bottom is actually a rubber mat, that sticky stuff so anything in there can't slide around or rattle. It is as deep as it can be without blocking the cold air vents that keep the inside of the box cool.

View attachment 1465752
View attachment 1465753

They are great, had mine a year.

Under the middle seat of my 08 are some straps with big hook thingies on them. They seemed to be for tying the seat into a folded position. These things were always in the way. I grabbed my razor knife SNIP and they are gone!

They are supposed to stow inside a little pocket on the bottom of the seat. You are supposed to hook them on the oh-$hit handle to hold the seat up and out of the way. They are a PITA to use, poorly designed, as if a last minute after thought.

They were designed like that at least back to the 80's (never owned a 55,60,62), and you would have thought that with all of the other improvements to the LC over the years they'd have figured out how to improve on what was a crappy design in the first place. Nothing good about it at all. If you actually use them, the seat squeaks like hell against the front seat... Something I notice every time, but can't say I lose sleep over it.

I agree, the squeeek and thump like a kid kicking your seat back is't great but they are a must have if you need to keep your back seat tumbled fwd. The back seat is spring loaded for lifting.

Large dogs that ride back there can get out of the way of that falling seat, but if you havent seen your wifes small dog looking thing you may want to ck when she is not around.:frown: Sorry for the visual image but that seat system is like a mouse trap.

I hate wrapping the strap and hook just right to fit back into compartment so I just lay it flat all the way forward just above the foot vent. If you leave it under the seat and the seat slams down on the hook part it will break the strap locking thingy.

Under the middle seat of my 08 are some straps with big hook thingies on them. They seemed to be for tying the seat into a folded position. These things were always in the way. I grabbed my razor knife SNIP and they are gone!
You crazy lol

Found this funnel on Amazon, so I took a chance since I was also getting ready to change my oil:

Amazon.com: Motivx Tools Engine Oil Funnel for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Vehicles with Threaded Oil Filler Caps – Fits Most Camry, Corolla, RAV4, Tacoma, Highlander, Sienna, Tundra, RX350 and Many More: Automotive

This thing rules! Really nice, worth the $15. It screws into the valve cover with an O-ring seal, so you can just dump the jug(s) of oil of top of it and walk away. No spills, no drips, works great. Works on my wife's IS too.

IMG_20170527_113546897.jpg

IMG_20170526_222321888.jpg

I know has been covered 1000 times already, but I am looking for a rigid phone mount for my iPhone.

Anyone got any advice?

Big fan of ram mounts - iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Mounts from RAM Mounts

Edit: I have the x-grip suction cup mount on my windshield in the lower left corner. Easy to view yet out of the way. I also have the tablet x-grip mounted on my center console.

Favorite Memorial Day quote:
Reporter re situation in Korea: "General Mattis, what keeps you awake at night?"
INSTANT answer: "Nothing. I keep other people awake at night."

Watched "War Machine" on Netflix last night. Quirky movie, and they use 100 series in a few parts of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom