Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was this on paved or unpaved roads? I know with my 200 on steep climbs and descents on the dunes if i stop for a short while the low washer fluid light comes on if not topped up fully once got the engine oil light come on when stopped on a very steep downhill. Also with most my desert trips the rear window washer fluid leaks out

Both. The traction control light comes on and makes a little beep every time I stop and then go on an incline. I thought that the 200 had a mechanism that made it automatically brake to keep it from rolling backwards if you stop on an incline? It does, doesn't it? Either way, something is not telling my truck that it is on an incline.

No, the wheel never actually slips. When I take my foot off the brake, the car starts to roll slightly, and when I give it gas, the light kicks on with a beep.

How much lift can the 200 handle upfront without serious complications ( with a diff drop and UCA's) ?
I remember reading in the 100 forum that 2.75 inches of lift in the front was about as high as you could go in the 100without seriously damaging anything and even then you are already putting a lot o stress. I have seen a few 200s here go over 3 inches, does this mean the 200 can handle more lift upfront than a 100 series?

Last edited:
Depends on what your definition of "complications" is...

Tire tire size is usually what causes the biggest complications with lifts, because, who is really going to put on a big lift and not increase the tire size. I made a spreadsheet of tire/wheel sizes and any rubbing issues that members have experienced here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/200-series-tire-and-wheel-size-database.818686/

The most I have personally seen on this site (on a street driven 200) was a claimed 3.6"

Most agree that a big lift requires a differential drop to decrease the angle of the joints. I can't remember if it is recommended at anything over 2" or 2.5"

Do you know how the response time compares to an iPod for scanning through songs with a USB? I suppose I could just try one of my old ones out, but I'm lazy. :)

How much lift can the 200 handle upfront without serious complications ( with a diff drop and UCA's) ?
I remember reading in the 100 forum that 2.75 inches of lift in the front was about as high as you could go in the 100without seriously damaging anything and even then you are already putting a lot o stress. I have seen a few 200s here go over 3 inches, does this mean the 200 can handle more lift upfront than a 100 series?

Answer is yes... I have a true 4" using the Ironman lift (somewhere on this forum are pics of the measurements I think). Did swap out UCA's and put in a diff drop. No issues of any kind... actually ran it lifted without the diff drop for almost a year (not by choice) and no problems. Heavy springs in front with the ARB, and Med in the rear until I get some kind of rear bumper installed. I had a 100 that I lifted to the max of 2.75", and never had any issues with that either with the UCA switch.

Answer is yes... I have a true 4" using the Ironman lift (somewhere on this forum are pics of the measurements I think). Did swap out UCA's and put in a diff drop. No issues of any kind... actually ran it lifted without the diff drop for almost a year (not by choice) and no problems. Heavy springs in front with the ARB, and Med in the rear until I get some kind of rear bumper installed. I had a 100 that I lifted to the max of 2.75", and never had any issues with that either with the UCA switch.
I just ordered in the Ironman Foam Cell Pro lift, says it's just 50mm, did you add spacers or make other adjustments to get 4 inches of lift out of your Ironman kit? just curious

I just ordered in the Ironman Foam Cell Pro lift, says it's just 50mm, did you add spacers or make other adjustments to get 4 inches of lift out of your Ironman kit? just curious
That's what I thought as well... and it came through right at 4". Measurements are 23.5 front, and 24.5 rear from center of axle to lip of fender. Check yours and let's see if you get the same results.

I didn't make any other adjustments or add any spacers. Not sure why they call it a 50m lift.

You will really like it... ride is fantastic.

Last edited:
That's what I thought as well... and it came through right at 4". Measurements are 23.5 front, and 24.5 rear from center of axle to lip of fender. Check yours and let's see if you get the same results.

I didn't make any other adjustments or add any spacers. Not sure why they call it a 50m lift.

You will really like it... ride is fantastic.
good to hear, I'll get them on next month, super phyced, these things are massive!
foamcellpro.jpg

Make sure you match your springs to the load... I initially got the "b" and had to change them out for the "C" when I got the bumper put on the front... and will have to do the same on the rear if I ever find a deal on a rear bumper.

Plan on the UCA's immediately... you won't get near stock alignment without them. Diff drop highly recommended... i used Amir's kit.

Can't wait to see the pics! Will make your tires look tiny...

Make sure you match your springs to the load... I initially got the "b" and had to change them out for the "C" when I got the bumper put on the front... and will have to do the same on the rear if I ever find a deal on a rear bumper.

Plan on the UCA's immediately... you won't get near stock alignment without them. Diff drop highly recommended... i used Amir's kit.

since I am not going with any bumpers etc for awhile I will be running the light springs(guessing the "b" springs?) The kit I orderded comes with the UCA's so I got that covered, guess I'll have to see how big the lft is to see if I'm going to need the diff drop kit.... This is going to make me sound really old, but I'm hoping I don't get a full 4 inches;) I"m hoping for about 50mm, my tires should look about perfect with that!

are you running the foam cell Pro's or the regular kit?

True Story:

My moms cat decided to do the same thing in her old car. Found a nice warm spot next to the cooling fan on the engine. When the motor cranked, things got pretty ugly fast. :hillbilly:

So it's true the Regan and the CIA orchestrated the coup to oust David Lee Roth from Van Halen back in 85??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom