Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what you are describing is the death of the landcruiser.

Maybe a diesel for the U.S. market given one is expected for the Tundra? I'm trying to decide if I should wait another year to buy a new LC or take the plunge on a 2015.

Did you know that there is no word for "mileage" in metric lexicon? They don't say kilometerage.
I did not know that, interesting... One thing I have noticed that confusing me sometimes is I watch the British Top Gear all the top(best show on tv) and they usually say miles per hour when talking about speed, is that strange???

My crystal ball tells me that:

LC 300 Series will stay SRA.
LX 670 will go fully IR.

Diesel option LC not available in USA until 2017 but Will have hybrid diesel electric option in LX in USA and also in LC for rest of enlightened world in 2016 release.

Will have heads up display.

Did you know that there is no word for "mileage" in metric lexicon? They don't say kilometerage.
"mileage" is used poorly in the first place. People too often use it meaning "fuel economy" when really it should just refer to the miles on the odometer or other miles such as range on the tank.

.. One thing I have noticed that confusing me sometimes is I watch the British Top Gear all the top(best show on tv) and they usually say miles per hour when talking about speed, is that strange???

That's because UK still use mph units for speed and gallons, though "imperial" for fuel volume. That and the show guys are also British so they grew up with "mph" and live with it as well.

My wife is a math teacher and has a hard time when I'm explaining the concept of when we're flying or boating nautical miles, speed and fuel consumption.

Just found this for sale on our local equivalent of Craigslist or Ebay: Did you know that Toyota are making twin turbo V8 diesel Tundras in Texas ..... for us down here? http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/toyota/auction-804653901.htm What an awesome brute that would be. Might have to take it for a spin.

(btw: $93,000 NZ is about 50,000 US at a rough guess. What's a gas Tundra cost up there? 35-40?)

Bill, that looks like a conversion using the Land Cruiser parts, dash/instruments and all.
wow, looks like they took the entire dash out of a 200 and slapped it in there... I'm surprised it's wide enough to go all the way across, my Tundra felt a bit wider inside then my 200 is?!?!

Not hard to spend 50k us on a nicely optioned gas Tundra. Toyota has really made a mistake not producing a us friendly diesel Tundra.

Toyota over confident?
20141119_214620.jpg

Haha.

Ok, Ive got a question:

Anyone know where the sensor is that detects when the truck is on a steep incline? Mine seems to be malfunctioning. I was on some very steep grades last week (~60 degrees +). I was getting a low washer fluid signal and also the traction control light flicked on. It appears that whatever sensor that senses incline, is not kicking on. I will also add that the 200 should automatically brake the drivetrain on an incline (if stopped); mine does not. bjowett, do you know the answer?

I'm looking forward to tonight's premier of Alaska off-road warriors on discovery channel. Hope they have a Landcruiser on there.

Haha.

Ok, Ive got a question:

Anyone know where the sensor is that detects when the truck is on a steep incline? Mine seems to be malfunctioning. I was on some very steep grades last week (~60 degrees +). I was getting a low washer fluid signal and also the traction control light flicked on. It appears that whatever sensor that senses incline, is not kicking on. I will also add that the 200 should automatically brake the drivetrain on an incline (if stopped); mine does not. bjowett, do you know the answer?
Was this on paved or unpaved roads? I know with my 200 on steep climbs and descents on the dunes if i stop for a short while the low washer fluid light comes on if not topped up fully once got the engine oil light come on when stopped on a very steep downhill. Also with most my desert trips the rear window washer fluid leaks out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom