Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was a love of Red Interiors in that era, but something doesn’t look right. The seats are kind of cool, but that headliner is fugly!

notice how the rear hatch cover is tan.

View attachment 2111666View attachment 2111667View attachment 2111668

That's horrifying. That must have cost a fortune to have all that leather converted. Reminds me of the red interior in my '87 pickup, that I eventually tore out and converted to gray.

NewTaz7.jpg

NewTaz8.jpg

A couple of years ago I created a PDF file for the 100 series that had all the parts diagrams, part names, and part numbers. It was generally useful for going into the dealer parts department and/or an online search to know what Toyota calls some part and/or the part number etc. I thought about trying to create a similar document for the 200. I came to my senses and searched -- found a website that has the Electronic Parts Catalog one can download. However, for me It's a pain to use and takes up something like 15 GBytes.

Today I found an easy to use online site that does the same thing. They don't have all the 2020 info up yet, but not much changed that I can tell. BTW, this covers all the Toyota models - and their selection space doesn't say Land Cruiser, it just says LAND. Happy searching.

I'm not enough of a Ham geek to know how to put something like this together... just wondering if there would be interest in putting together a weekly Ham radio net for 200 owners? I believe it's possible to port into an IP to achieve nation wide coverage? As you can tell, I'm way over my skis on this. Just thought it might be a fun winter thing. Take the ball an run with it if you have talents.

A fair number of us (me included) have joined in on threads that discuss what changed from one model year to another.

Last night I did a file directory comparison of the 2020 factory repair manual with one for 2019. There were 111 differences. Some were new pages, some were change pages. Obviously some pages changed due to the lack of rear seats in the Heritage model (removing interior panels). But there were 25 pages changed in the engine control section (SFI System) and another 18 in the drivetrain section (Automatic Transmission System).

I knew Toyota was changing things all the time, but didn't expect this much.

I did a file directory comparison of the 2020 factory repair manual with one for 2019.

Curious where to get the factory repair manual and electrical wiring diagram? I do not see a paper copy available. I had previously purchased paper copies for the 80 and 100 from Helm and eBay, but would like to get them for my 2013 now.

Were they actual changes to systems or just revisions to the diagrams and/or wording? In theory the manual could be edited to improve tech performance with the underlying systems unchanged.

Curious where to get the factory repair manual and electrical wiring diagram? I do not see a paper copy available. I had previously purchased paper copies for the 80 and 100 from Helm and eBay, but would like to get them for my 2013 now.

I don't know of anyplace to get one either. I looked at files from techinfo.toyota.com

Based on the number of files I show below I think a printed version would be north of 5k pages. Rather than print, one can download and save to a laptop or maybe a USB stick working with a tablet? Size for the 2020 version is 322 Mytes and that doesn't include wiring diagrams, etc., just the repair manual

Were they actual changes to systems or just revisions to the diagrams and/or wording? In theory the manual could be edited to improve tech performance with the underlying systems unchanged.

Haven't analyzed (yet). Still trying to get them all organized. A cursory view suggest some new, some revisions. Most list as being applicable to 2016-2020, fewer numbers say 2017-2020 and 2018-2020, and finally there are the 2020 only changes.

In the 2020 version there are 3604 html data files and 7722 images. I think comparing for differences would require some automation I don't have.

Below is an example of the title of one file that doesn't appear in the 2019 version I looked at. I have no idea if it could be used on older models, but I assume since they list the models as 08/2019 and later it may not apply.

3UR-FE (ENGINE CONTROL): SFI SYSTEM: P00FE; EVAP System Tank Vapor Line Restricted/Blocked; 2020 MY Land Cruiser [08/2019 - ]

Last edited:
I'll PM you

I don't know of anyplace to get one either. I looked at files from techinfo.toyota.com

Based on the number of files I show below I think a printed version would be north of 5k pages. Rather than print, one can download and save to a laptop or maybe a USB stick working with a tablet? Size for the 2020 version is 322 Mytes and that doesn't include wiring diagrams, etc., just the repair manual

The repair manual would be about 7200 pages, IIRC. I have a single giant PDF compiled - which is OK for loading onto a tablet or phone and searching via the "find in..." function in most PDF readers in a pinch, but awful for any definition of reading. On top of the repair manual, wiring diagrams, body repair docs, etc would be even more. That's why Toyota has gone digital. It's a pity they won't just sell a static website version though. I'd easily pay $100 for a genuine Toyota DVD with my individual year.

These look like they are in great condition... and they come with the lugs!

I'm considering freeing up some shelf space on a set of RW's I have. $750-800 seems like the going rate as of late?

I'm considering freeing up some shelf space on a set of RW's I have. $750-800 seems like the going rate as of late?

That's the best price I've seen in a while - even less than I paid for mine. And mine didn't include the set of lug nuts, which isn't exactly cheap.

Any suggestions on a personalized Georgia license plate for my 200?
I wanted 200 because I have 100 on my 100o_O, but 200 is unavailable:confused:
I thought about URJ200 but it’s unavailable too:meh:
My 100 plate:

B508E48B-1679-4970-968C-6B27067540BB.jpeg

And my 200:
B3D3CAED-E603-4160-A8EF-A1C3CD2A4BD5.jpeg

Gotta be location dependent. In my area I've seen a set of 4 in good shape (not great) go for $1K.

Hmmm. What's a set of five worth, new in original boxes?

That thing looks like moxie!

Hmmm. What's a set of five worth, new in original boxes?

Whatever someone will pay. I think for a patient seller in my area, maybe $2500.

I paid around $450 for 1 new RW from my dealer three years ago. Done after buying 4 used so I would have a set of 5. Included in the $450 was the stainless ring, a center cap, but no lug nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom