Off Road Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys I need your help please. I’m looking for quiet off road tires for my 2006 Lexus LX470. I was debating between Cooper Discoverer STT Pro or BFG KO2’s. Or if you can recommend better ones. Also what is the biggest size I can go without modifications? Thank you.

I habe Nitto TG, look great, but aren’t that quiet.

STT Pro, Duratracs, etc. are not quiet.

Wanna be able use it in snow, mud and everyday commute. Just need it to be quiet if it all possible.

I would recommend the BFG AT KO2 in 265/70R18. Not as good in mud as an MT but verry good in snow and probably your best bet if you want reasonably quiet.

I feel like ko2’s suck in the rain (what I have now). I thought they were worthy in Light snow in an awd application. I wouldn’t get smaller than 275/70r18. My brother in law has Toyo rt’s and they’re pretty rad but a significant price jump

I am looking at the Falken Wildpeak or Firestone just came out with the Destination X/T (KO2 replica it seems). I like the price of the Falken in either a 265/70/18 or 275/65/18 LT. Can't determine if the Firestone/BFG are better tires but they cost more for sure.

I am looking at the Falken Wildpeak or Firestone just came out with the Destination X/T (KO2 replica it seems). I like the price of the Falken in either a 265/70/18 or 275/65/18 LT. Can't determine if the Firestone/BFG are better tires but they cost more for sure.

X2 for the Falkens, I live in the mountains of montana. Bought a set of these on the advice of my tire guy locally. Absolutely love them. Just put a new set of the spare truck. They go through mud, snow and ice like Sh*t through a tied coon. For a daily driver, part time trail rider they are great. Quiet too..

X2 for the Falkens, I live in the mountains of montana. Bought a set of these on the advice of my tire guy locally. Absolutely love them. Just put a new set of the spare truck. They go through mud, snow and ice like Sh*t through a tied coon. For a daily driver, part time trail rider they are great. Quiet too..
You got the atw3 or the mt

You got the atw3 or the mt
The wildpeak M/T.... Also, I did have them siped when I bought them. Does WONDERS on ice around here.

Another great one if you don't see much mud is the Hancook I-pike. All of the ranchers around here run the crap out of those tires in the snow. They can be studded as well. Awesome tires and last a LONG time, tread wears like iron on them.

Myself and many others put them on stock and they didn’t

Based on some threads here on MUD and watching reviews on youtube, I went with the Continental All Terrrain Contacts in 275/65/18. Supposedly they're really quiet and handles wet and snow very well. It's a light weight tire at 41 pounds so it's great on highway.

I'm getting these installed tomorrow so I'll report back with my initial impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom