OEM Pesky heater hose part # (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone provide me with the PHH oem part # for a 1994. I have a bunch of oem hoses and was hoping one of them is the oem PHH.

Last edited:
Is this it

WP_20180621_001.jpg

Dunno. Easy enough to cut your own. @NLXTACY sells em with Breeze constant torque clamps. I gave up on the little b*stard after three hours and ran a 52-inch Gates bypass. More coolant, fast change-out. I'll never go back.

Dunno. Easy enough to cut your own. @NLXTACY sells em with Breeze constant torque clamps. I gave up on the little b*stard after three hours and ran a 52-inch Gates bypass. More coolant, fast change-out. I'll never go back.

Thanks for the reply, I already have a new silicone hose to mount and I just came accross these in my parts bin. Wanted to see if it has any bends in it and I also read somewhere its easier to install.

I've been hearing the silicone ones are a worse choice than the normal gates green stripe or the oem... is this the case?

I've been hearing the silicone ones are a worse choice than the normal gates green stripe or the oem... is this the case?

OEM is good for ~20 years whats not to like, why chance it with something not proven

Some (cheap) silicone hose is prone to weeping coolant or oil, depending on the application. Your best best is Toyota OEM or the stuff Wits' End sells: 1FZ-FE PHH – Kit 1

Also, I don't believe there is a specific part number for the OEM PHH. It's just generic OEM hose cut to length. But I've been wrong once before.

Edit: I stand corrected. PHH is sold as a complete sub-assembly including the hose and hardline (Toyota PN: 87209-60381).

Last edited:
Some (cheap) silicone hose is prone to weeping coolant or oil, depending on the application. Your best best is Toyota OEM or the stuff Wits' End sells: 1FZ-FE PHH – Kit 1

Also, I don't believe there is a specific part number for the OEM PHH. It's just generic OEM hose cut to length. But I've been wrong once before.

I keep the factory look

87209-60381

phh-assembly-jpg.884381

Ha! Didn't realize it was sold as a whole sub-assembly. Is the hardline subject to failure?

Hard line has no issues Im aware of but installing a factory pin clamp on the hose would be magic

Whole assembly keeps the factory look:D and will last another 20+ years = no worries

Hard line has no issues Im aware of but installing a factory pin clamp on the hose would be magic

Whole assembly keeps the factory look:D and will last another 20+ years = no worries

I'm still not sure I understand the advantage of the sub-assembly. It keeps the factory look? Can you even see the PHH? I thought it was a PITA to get to. Who's gonna see it?

Or is the factory pin clamp better? Even if it is better, don't you have a conventional clamp at the other end of the hose?

Good intel either way. I might splurge on the sub-assembly since I'm doing PHH soon :)

QUOTE=Will Van
I'm still not sure I understand the advantage of the sub-assembly. It keeps the factory look? Can you even see the PHH? I thought it was a PITA to get to. Who's gonna see it?
Advantage :meh: but it makes me happy:)

Or is the factory pin clamp better? Even if it is better, don't you have a conventional clamp at the other end of the hose?

Factory spring clamp on the other end

Good intel either way. I might splurge on the sub-assembly since I'm doing PHH soon :)

My tube also retains both bolts making my problem even more evident. ◄ this will be clear when you attempt to change it:D

This is one of very few areas that I stray from my Toyota purest ocd. The work around presents clear advantages. Also, I can recall reported failures of the PHH in the early 2000’s which makes the failure mode much less than 20 years.

This is one of very few areas that I stray from my Toyota purest ocd. The work around presents clear advantages. Also, I can recall reported failures of the PHH in the early 2000’s which makes the failure mode much less than 20 years.

you went with the bypass?

Premature PHH failure would be common if the rubber is contaminated by oil of brake fluid. Toyota rubber is some of best anywhere.

My experience on a well maintained 80 ► PHH condition after 18 years and 150K

But in the end do what makes you comfortable

Green stripe, work around...whats not to luv ;)

002.JPG

003.JPG

Green stripe, work around...whats not to luv ;)

View attachment 1728397

View attachment 1728398

What's the advantage of the workaround? Don't you still have to get the hose/clamp on the barb at back of the head? I ordered Wits' End PHH kit with Breeze clamps, but maybe I should just delete the hardline and run Gates Green Stripe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom