1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM floor and cargo mats

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Godwin, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Godwin

Godwin Resident Herpetologist SILVER Star

Carpet kits for 60 series seem to a hot topic now so I thought I'd add this tidbit of carpeting info. Toyota offered floor and cargo mats to lie over and protect carpeting. I've only seen one set, these that I pulled from an '88 FJ62 parts rig with brown interior. The cargo mat has taken on a nice purplish tinge :lol:.

The FJ62 has a dead pedal and the driver's side mat has a spot to accommodate the dead pedal. Note that the driver's and passenger's side mats are not simply mirror images. Narrow longitudinal mat is for the floor below the passenger seat. Cargo mat gives full coverage of the cargo area.

While these came from a 62 they work just as well in a 60.

IMG_2137.JPG

Part numbers imprinted on mats:
    Left 00208-60880;
    Right 00208-60880;
    Rear 00208-60880.

Could not find a part number on the cargo mat.

2. beno

beno Gihee Arakawa Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    That's totally sweet Jim. Awesome

3. 3_puppies

3_puppies SILVER Star

I had blue/grey ones in a rig, fronts and middle. Never saw a cargo area one tho.

that is an interesting color fade. the blue ones stayed a nice shade.
    I thought I still had a full set, but can't find the pass front.

DSCF1408.JPG

DSCF1409.JPG

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  4. Godwin

The front mats have other features built in. Backing is a layer of rubber with small nubs to hold the mat in place; rear mat but not cargo mat also has these nubs. Front mats have a reinforced section, with an embedded wire around the perimeter, in the area that would see more use from feet.

IMG_2142.JPG

5. 4Cruisers

4Cruisers SILVER Star

The PO of my '89 FJ62, a Preferred Cash Customer :), bought a 3-piece floor mat set for my '89 FJ62 on April 15, 1994, from Willie Sauter, the owner of Sauter Toyota. List price back then was $78.00 (he paid list - no MUD discount back then), Part Number 00200-60880-03 (grey).

The rear is still in excellent shape, never really had rear seat passengers I guess:

Rear-Mat-1.jpg

Rear-Mat-2.jpg

Note the cool legend on the back of the rear mat - mine shows a February 1989 date.

Rear-Mat-3.jpg

red66toy likes this.
  6. Skniper

Skniper SILVER Star

Bought my 1990 62 used in 1996. No floor mats and the carpet was already pretty rough.

I bought new gray OEM floor mats then...which are still in the truck and in really good shape. Also bought new OEM carpet for the front and rear seat area...also in pretty good shape still. Didn't know about the OEM cargo area mat. Still have my old carpet bagged up.

Was told back then that my carpet set may be one of the last available anywhere. (?)

Got the mats/carpet from my first parts guy in Houston, Scott Tate...anyone remember him?? He turned me on to the TLCA, LCML, etc

7. Godwin

Yes. Got many a good parts deal from Scott.

8. dnp

dnp Supporting Vendor SILVER Star

Jim,

Just saw this thread (somehow missed its reference in your PM to me last week). Thanks for posting this to the forum!

As some of you may know, I'm working on a project to recreate - to the best of the mfr's ability - the OEM 60/62 carpet. New 60 / 62 carpet at a great price! As an adjunct, I'm also working with them now to recreate the factory floor mats.

Jim was kind enough to provide me tracings of the driver's/passenger's/second row/cargo area mats from an FJ62, and those have been sent off to the mfr. That being said, the mfr. has requested that I still try to come up with a tracing of an FJ60 driver's side floor mat (sans 62 left foot "dead pedal" cutout) They just want to try to recreate the mats as precisely as possible, so they asked me to keep looking.

Sooooo, anyone have a whole 60 OEM driver's floor mat they'd be willing to trace and send me a copy? If so, please PM me.

Thanks,
    David

LAMBCRUSHER likes this.
  9. LAMBCRUSHER

LAMBCRUSHER

10. LAMBCRUSHER

LAMBCRUSHER

From a 60, but in my 62 without dead pedal...