OEM floor and cargo mats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, folks, I am in need of some additional reconnaissance: I have received all of the mat tracings I need, but a question has arisen about the rear cargo mats in the early 60s vs. the late 60s and 62s. When the tools were relocated from their location under the driver's seat in the early-floor models (60s up to somewhere around February, 1986) to being concealed behind a "door" in the driver's side cargo area panel in the late-floor models (somewhere around March, 1986), the cargo area carpet was changed to compensate for the "door" in that side panel (a notch in the driver's side of the carpet was added.) Now, I have to assume that the OEM cargo mat also had that notch, but I've never seen an original one.

Is there anyone out there who has an original late-floor model with an OEM cargo mat? The cargo area will look like the one in the photo below (disregard the carpet in the photo) if you have the right one. I want to confirm whether the corresponding cargo MAT has the notch or not).

No tracings, etc. necessary. I just need a response (and, preferably, a photo of your late 60 / 62 MAT) for confirmation. We're getting closer............................

Thanks,
dnp

upload_2017-9-25_12-37-12.png

OK, folks, I am in need of some additional reconnaissance: I have received all of the mat tracings I need, but a question has arisen about the rear cargo mats in the early 60s vs. the late 60s and 62s. When the tools were relocated from their location under the driver's seat in the early-floor models (60s up to somewhere around February, 1986) to being concealed behind a "door" in the driver's side cargo area panel in the late-floor models (somewhere around March, 1986), the cargo area carpet was changed to compensate for the "door" in that side panel (a notch in the driver's side of the carpet was added.) Now, I have to assume that the OEM cargo mat also had that notch, but I've never seen an original one.

Is there anyone out there who has an original late-floor model with an OEM cargo mat? The cargo area will look like the one in the photo below (disregard the carpet in the photo) if you have the right one. I want to confirm whether the corresponding cargo MAT has the notch or not).

No tracings, etc. necessary. I just need a response (and, preferably, a photo of your late 60 / 62 MAT) for confirmation. We're getting closer............................

Thanks,
dnp

View attachment 1543765

David,

The cargo mat tracing that I sent to you was from a mat that had been in a FJ62, therefore the late-floor model. It is not notched for the door in the side panel of the cargo area. So I'll make the assumption that there's no difference between early- and late-floor cargo mats.

David,

The cargo mat tracing that I sent to you was from a mat that had been in a FJ62, therefore the late-floor model. It is not notched for the door in the side panel of the cargo area. So I'll make the assumption that there's no difference between early- and late-floor cargo mats.
Great, Jim. Thanks. I sort of assumed the mats were cut a little differently than the carpet itself, but I wanted to make sure before we finalized production.

Stay tuned.......

dnp

Any update on final product? Looking to purchase a set in the late 60 model/62 Sephia Brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom