SOLD NV: Complete Cowl Vent Assembly - FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UZJ40

OEM(ish)
SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
  2. 45 Series
No longer need this
Very good condition
Includes brand new weatherstrip, knob, and louvered cover

$120 shipped or $100 picked up in Las Vegas NV

20240218_163716.jpg

20240218_163720.jpg

20240218_163723.jpg

If you are willing to part this group out, I would be interested in gasket and knob/cable.
Shipped to 94551
Thanks

Interested in all

From what year did this come from ?

The cable looks like some of the artisan handiwork of @ToyotaMatt

If you are willing to part this group out, I would be interested in gasket and knob/cable.
Shipped to 94551
Thanks

No separating quite yet, thanks

Interested in all

From what year did this come from ?

Interested myself. Never seen one operated by a cable. All those imported to the US used a rod.
How about a picture of the face of the knob?

The cable looks like some of the artisan handiwork of @ToyotaMatt

It came out of my 1967 FJ40. I believe it was factory as I have no reason to believe otherwise, but I'm no expert.

20240219_184529.jpg

20240219_184536.jpg

I have no experience with the 66/67 models with this vent and no lower padded dash. But by this diagram in the 66 FSM it does appear to a cable.
PXL_20240220_170251763.jpg

No really clear how cable attaches. Thought this could be a solution to my 73 that is missing the rod but bought my 68 and 70 models FJ40s this is hard to push in to open and hard to pull out to close. These are both rust free AZ FJ40s and the second owner of both.

I do not see the spring to snap it open and closed. Do you have that parts? It is in the diagram. Also noticed the diagram doesn't really show the damper is at the bottom of the well and closes down to seal. Also looks like the gasket goes between damper and grill.

I do not see the spring to snap it open and closed. Do you have that parts? It is in the diagram. Also noticed the diagram doesn't really show the damper is at the bottom of the well and closes down to seal. Also looks like the gasket goes between damper and grill.
I believe I have the spring, I'll go double check now.

The seal goes around the damper. There is a groove cut on the internal face of it. I don't think that diagram depicts it correctly, unless it changed over the years.

I do have the spring.

Here's a pic of how the cable attaches -

20240220_092728.jpg

20240220_092907.jpg

I do have the spring.

Here's a pic of how the cable attaches -

View attachment 3562460

View attachment 3562461

No the outside air vent didn't change and gaskets always went around the damper. Back when my FSM was printed Toyota had been in the country less than ten years. Doubt the dealers back then were wanting to sell FSM to anyone and expected those who used them were auto mechanics. Diagram does look like the gasket went between the grill and damper when the two never even touch.

Looking on something bigger than my phone I can see how the cable attaches. The whole setup looks complete and in very good condition. I know I parted out a couple of 69s and 70 in the mid nineties and know I have at least one complete damper setup. Would be a shame to break up a complete for just the cable. The PO of my 73 installed an A/C evaporator and abandoned the vent. Removed the rod and just the vent closes. Probably happened on many other 40s making the knob with either a rod or cable the rarest part of the setup.

GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom