For Sale Not mine: 1969 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Advertised as a 1969 FJ40 in Santa Clarita, CA.

6AA0A9F1-66CC-4BD3-8A76-39FF614F7AB7.jpeg

5BF9310A-2D0D-4095-BF6B-B1BD4818F41A.jpeg

D9B2815F-B8AD-4D50-BE8A-102DDD85DAF1.jpeg

8C3F0E77-B0A6-4611-9E67-30E9ABD552EC.jpeg

5F5DBEF2-CEDB-4FF9-9E5F-35AC2F070104.jpeg

Nice looking rig. I see some things that appear to be brand spankin’ new. Rims have been repainted, bumpettes repainted, new rear turns, reflectors and badges. New front turns. Front bib markers appear original. Cluster has been removed(stainless screw on left).

The paint around the 4wd emblem doesn't look original, IMO.

I didn't think the windshield hinge screws and hood hooks were ever painted the body color but could be the earlier ones were. The seat have to have been recovered.
I believe they were originally painted until 1971. Not sure if that was only on fst models or not. I have seen several that were painted. My 1972 fst was not painted originally.

Wow. I sold that to him! Got it from a guy off Craigslist that was selling it as a J..p! It was 100 % survivor with the original tires. It lived its life on the Santa Barbara Mesa and was sold as part of the estate from orig owner.Looks like he painted the rims and some things but it was a sweet rig. I have over 50 pics from every angle of it. Upholstery is orig as well as door skins. Had the orig top which had shrunk and was too fragile to use. I traded that plus a little to a top guy so he could see how orig were made. That is a sweet little survivor

I tired to scoop this one up when it was first posted here and it was sold. Sweet rig. Sad to have missed the opportunity!

I believe they were originally painted until 1971. Not sure if that was only on fst models or not. I have seen several that were painted. My 1972 fst was not painted originally.
That’s interesting. My 72 fst windshield hinges have original body color paint on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom