NOS window rubber getting sticky... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I purchased some window rubber years ago and it's still in the original packaging. I checked on it and most of it is still powdery but one piece is sticky, it may be 1960's or 70's stock but I suppose it's just on its way out, any ideas on proper treatment?

Use an orange/citrus hand cleaner like Gojo or similar.Rub it into the rubber and rinse thoroughly.Repeat if necessary.Works great on any rubber and will eliminate the stickiness.

So I purchased some window rubber years ago and it's still in the original packaging. I checked on it and most of it is still powdery but one piece is sticky, it may be 1960's or 70's stock but I suppose it's just on its way out, any ideas on proper treatment?
Which window is it, and for what year?

Reason I'm asking is that if the WS is still available, it would be better to grab a new one. I don't think you can really heal old rubber.

Yeah, kind of weird. I bought it new hoping I'd have it restored by now and wanted to get it as parts were getting discontinued by Toyota. Everything else is fine. I think it was a funky batch of rubber. Usually by now it would be baking out in the sun. Getting all dried up and then all wet and frozen in the winter. It wasn't meant to be stashed in a box in a closet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom