SOLD North Idaho: 1996 HDJ80L LHD 5speed MT VX Turbo Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(138, 18, 18)
Outside Link
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/1996-toyota-hdj80l-lhd-5speed-mt-vx-turbo-diesel.233756/
Up for Sale is one rare Toyota unicorn to come by in the states! 77 PHOTOS CLICK HERE EXPEDITIONAL PORTAL AD
Imported from Honduras
313,500km's( 188,000 miles)
PRICE: $55,000 LOCATION: SANDPOINT, IDAHO
Contact: Dave @ 208-290-1743 or warbike39@yahoo.com for the quickest response.

Factory Options include:
  • Left Hand Drive
  • 4.2L 1HDT Turbo Diesel
  • 5 Speed H151F Transmission
  • Manual locking Aisin hubs
  • True 2WD/4WD in an 80!
  • Push button 4WD High w/ lever actuated 4Low
  • Rear Limited Slip Differential
  • NO ABS, No Airbags
  • Front/ Rear A/C (working)
  • Center Console Fridge (working)
  • Dash mounted cupholder
  • Sub fuel tank switch, rear AC switch.
  • Dual fuel tanks, Dual gauges (40 Gallons total)
  • 5th tire carrier
  • Slim aluminum running boards
  • Hand throttle for cold weather
  • Headliner mounted altimeter
  • Rear bumper mounted heavy duty pintle hitch
  • Quad headlights with fender markers
Aftermarket:
  • 4" Ironman-Offroad lift kit including foam cell shocks, caster plates, HD adjustable Panhard bars, sway bar extensions, HD steering stabilizer, extended brake lines
  • 5x 35" BFG KM3 Tires wrapped around 5x Black Rock Yuma 17x8 wheels ET0, 1" spacers equating to final offset ET-25, locking lug nuts
  • CVT Mt Hood Slimline RTT mounted to a custom low-pro roof rack, rack crossbars for RTT, roof rack holds 4x 9" LED lights with protection bar
  • ARB Front Bumper with Warn XD9000i winch w/ synthetic rope, F55 hawse fairlead, 9" Hella 3000 driving lights
  • 6.5'x8' Ironman-offroad side awning w/ led strip & end wall kit
  • Ironman-offroad shower/toilet room w/ pack away toilet (never used)
  • WaterPort 3.5 gals solar Shower w/pump and accessories
  • 300 Watt Trina solar panel mounted to RTT with Renogy 3M mounts
  • Dual AGM batteries w/ RedArc smart solenoid/jump start tie in
  • 30 amp Epever MPPT Charge Controller, 1000 watt Dewalt inverter
  • WEBoost LTE signal Booster system
  • Dometic CFX30 Fridge with Padded insulated Cover
  • Weathertech floor mats F/R
  • Sony ' high power' head unit 100watts-rms, replaced front door speakers
  • Handyman jack mounted to 5th tire
  • External trash/wood bag
  • Dual USB charge ports were added to the center console
  • 8 gang Auxbeam fused switch system for accessories
  • Rear aux. USB/12v port near rear galley drawer
  • 2.5-gallon Rotopax water container w/ mount
  • Garmin GPS included, barely used camp chairs, new unused bedding, a new camp stove, new rtt lift shocks, new ARB traction boards
  • FIre extinguisher
  • Ironman-Offroad 160L pro Air compressor
Maintenance: (done by me personally )
  • New steering box
  • New Valve Cover gasket, diesel filter, air filter, regular oil changes
  • Front axle Birfield seals fully overhauled w/ new inner axle seals, Japanese wheel bearings, Australian seal kit
  • New fluids in F/R diffs, transmission & T Case
  • New brake pads F/R & inner Ebrake drums
  • Replaces hood release cable
  • Front window motors replaced and master switch drivers side
  • Windows tinted with rears darker for safety and privacy (professionally installed)
  • Replaced exterior side mirrors
  • Upgraded headlights to H4 Style non-sealed beam
  • Extra parts include factory belts, hoses, gaskets, OEM roof rack, 2nd & 3rd Row matching seats in great shape ( in storage)
The Story
Imported from Honduras to the US in 2017 by second owner that drove it less than 300 miles. I purchased it in stock condition in April of 2021 from 2nd owner. The original owner was a Doctor in Honduras. I average between 18-21mpg (75mph-60mph)fully loaded with all my overland gear, empty on smaller tires I saw as high as 27mpg! The second owner installed a new pressure plate, timing belt, and water pump at approximately 160,000 miles at which time I purchased the. He provided no documentation of the work performed but by visual inspection and strong performance of the clutch I have not doubted this to be true. I drove the Trans-America Trail from the Oregon coast to Cape Hatteras, North Carolina all offroad in this Landcruiser and it performed flawlessly for 28 days and 5800 miles in the Fall of 2021. I have also navigated 400 miles of the Baja 1000 course and then the entire Baja of Mexico twice in the winter of 2022. Most Recently just got back from a 1000 mile trip to Overland EXPO PNW where we managed 18.5 mpg with two passengers and all our gear.
Very rare spec Landcruiser to come by in this country. It shares enough common parts with the US spec trucks or wide availability of parts from Saudi Arabia that it is easy to maintain and keep on the road. Selling because I have been on the road for 10 years now with numerous different vehicles (this one being my favorite by far) and the time has come I'm moving back to the Caribbean.
CHEERS!

2236JaSh.jpg

RYuSebjh.jpg

06BAsubh.jpg

3U3l5SJh.jpg

N7ogmxlh.jpg

2V6AFlch.jpg

h9rtmcVh.jpg

DRJFOIEh.jpg

T6KY1Ajh.jpg

Bv8H2oTh.jpg

I don’t know much about these compared to my US 80 but this thing is cool!!
GLWS

3 or 4 have been on BaT within the last year-ish, all for half the price.

Well, BaT is an auction site, so no one lists the price. I get alerts for every single 80 that pops up on BaT so I know you are incorrect. But do tell. Please share "3 or 4" on BaT in the last year that are turbo diesel AND LHD. I'll bet bragging rights you can't find a single example. :rolleyes:

This gentleman's example is a unicorn and an exceptionally well modified and taken care of rig on top of it. I wish him the best with the sale.

Well, BaT is an auction site, so no one lists the price. I get alerts for every single 80 that pops up on BaT so I know you are incorrect. But do tell. Please share "3 or 4" on BaT in the last year that are turbo diesel AND LHD. I'll bet bragging rights you can't find a single example. :rolleyes:

This gentleman's example is a unicorn and an exceptionally well modified and taken care of rig on top of it. I wish him the best with the sale.
Thanks for the kind words and knowledge

All those prices tell me is that BAT is not the place to sell something like this rig. Most of those examples have extensively more miles are were flips from dealerships that imported them a few months prior. I will agree that it is incredibly rare to have south American trucks clean as this, but you're staring at the proof lol. Cheers

What's the reason the second owner only put 300 miles on it from 2017 when it was imported to the US at 21 years old to when the third owner picked it up in 2021 when it was 25 years old?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom