Next ALCA Run - Rausch - November 8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics are awesome, sorry I missed it!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for guiding me through my first off road adventure. I had an incredible time, learned a lot, and my truck has some new love marks to prove it.

Until next time....

20141108_154642.jpg

20141108_122730.jpg

20141108_140826.jpg

This is not a trail! :slap:

IMG_20141108_142349.jpg

20141108_115605.jpg

20141108_123836.jpg

20141108_110703.jpg

Great pics Baz/Morgan!

Looks like this trip cost Crusha another few bucks in mods....crawler gears, steering upgrades, what's next?!

Here is the photo of Morgan's roadside yoga-practice/ARB bumper game of twister/belt replacement:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415666374.587651.jpg

And here was the reward at camp a few minutes later:
DSC_0165-Copy_zps826bc03d.jpg

BTW, James, great to meet you and very nice job for your first ever off-road outing! Awesome to see you putting the 60-series through the ringer! I love your comment about that big huge rock garden....it's not a trail for our rigs that's for sure.

I had a blast!
Bent the hell out of my drag link...I think it's time for a Slee HD drag link...
Many thanks for the heads up, Morgan..I just ordered this from Marks 4WD.
Thanks to the exchange rate, it'll be shipped to my door for less than the cost of the gears from Marlin Crawler!

LandCruiser 80 & 100 Series Low Range Gears
Part#: MFK1665
Extra Low Range Transfer Case Gears for Toyota LandCruiser
25% Reduction

To Suit - HF2A Transfer case:

• Toyota LandCruiser - 80 Series (full-time 4WD models only)
  • Toyota LandCruiser - 100 Series (full-time 4WD models only)
  • Toyota LandCruiser - 105 Series (full-time 4WD models only)
Please Note: All our Low Range Gears are Australian Made

PRICE $950.00
Free Delivery Australia Wide
Qty: OR
Ask for more information about this product

What a sport... the more you spend the slower you go. My truck has these and they give you lots more control is most situations.

Vince

What a sport... the more you spend the slower you go. My truck has these and they give you lots more control is most situations.

Vince

Hey Vince,
Did you install the crawler gears yourself? It seems like it's pretty straightforward...but my "free time" is limited...
Greg

I installed the part-time spool myself, but ended up dismantling the whole case to replace seals while I was in there. If you take your time, it's not difficult.

Hey Vince,
Did you install the crawler gears yourself? It seems like it's pretty straightforward...but my "free time" is limited...
Greg

I installed the part-time spool myself, but ended up dismantling the whole case to replace seals while I was in there. If you take your time, it's not difficult.
I agree, tcase rebuild is surprisingly straight forward and satisfying work.
One weekend without a lift, having all parts and FSM on hand.
Oh, but you have a lift... Have at it Greg.

Good group to spend the day with, good meeting and learning from all of you.

I agree, tcase rebuild is surprisingly straight forward and satisfying work.
One weekend without a lift, having all parts and FSM on hand.
Oh, but you have a lift... Have at it Greg.

Good group to spend the day with, good meeting and learning from all of you.

I'll definitely knock out the gears myself...also might as well reseal "while I'm in there" !
Funny thing...Marlin Crawler just emailed me to let me know their crawler gears are back in stock...how's that for timing?!

Those of you who are not already on our contact list and are interested in being involved with the club as it develops - or even just to keep in touch to wheel with us occasionally, please PM me your contact info.

Include:
Real name
Location (city/state)
Truck make/model
Phone
Email

There is a mailing list for announcements - you can see our first newsletter and sign up HERE.

Thanks,
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom