Newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I bought my first Land Cruiser a month ago and I already love it! I bought a 2000 model that has been extremely well maintained. Since picking it up, I have driven 5k miles. I have noticed a few things that I want to refresh on the car. Based on threads from this forum I have fixed the steering wheel squeak, and diagnosed a slight whine from the engine as a fading alternator.

My next project that I am working on is the suspension. I was reading about other members who replaced the shocks with OEM Toyota shocks with great results. While I am replacing the shocks I want to replace my squeaking bushings. Going over speed bumps I hear some creaks from the front suspension primarily. Are there any threads with pictures/video showing which bushings are most troublesome and how to replace them? I would love to do this myself, but I am having trouble figuring out where to start.

Thanks for the help! There is great content on this forum!

I'd contact Kurt @cruiseroutfit about bushings. He has said before that he can work up a package on bushings, depending on what your ultimate goal is.

Attention Vendors: Suspension Overhaul Kits?

As for the shocks, stock OEM shocks can't be beat for the price (~$40 ea). If you going lifted, something else may be better than OEM and I'm sure someone can share their experience with you.

Hi Dwight,

Thanks for the comment. I will check with cruiseroutfit about the bushings. I am primarily using the cruiser as a DD. I travel for work with a lot of cargo. Usually 300 to 700 pounds. Highway driving is important along with comfort because I do often drive clients.

How many miles in the truck? Has this truck been on off road like water crossings?

For the alternator, just don't exchange it for a reman. If you got low miles (below 260K miles) I think the bearings in the alternator is still good. Keep all the OEM parts like starter and alternator. You can rebuild those for less than $40.

How many miles in the truck? Has this truck been on off road like water crossings?

For the alternator, just don't exchange it for a reman. If you got low miles (below 260K miles) I think the bearings in the alternator is still good. Keep all the OEM parts like starter and alternator. You can rebuild those for less than $40.

It has 204,000 on it right now. It has been babied its whole life. Are there any threads showing this rebuild?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom