New Year's Day run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who's up for a New Year's Day run. Maybe we could even find some snow, or at least some frozen mud. Jemez? El Malpais? Other suggestions?

Possibly...depends on
1. if I start the transmission swap
&/or
2. I finish the transmission swap

I will hope for starting and finishing.

I THINK I can. Will know better after Xmas weekend

Planning on it! (OOPS, Mrs. Chompers has other plans for me)

Have fun and Happy New Year

Last edited:
Planning on it! (OOPS, Mrs. Chompers has other plans for me)

I should be there. Maybe you should just bring Mrs. Chompers along!

^^^^^ Will be not available :steer:

Jon, are you going to miss two snow runs in a row?

Ali, Mike M., Steve and Wendy, Terril, Larry, Shawn, Ron, Vince?

Jon, are you going to miss two snow runs in a row?

I'm maybe for New Years. I get my stiches out on the 27th. If the doc lets me wear a real shoe I should be OK.

If I showed up for monthly coffee I might know why you have stitches and can't wear a real shoe.

Google Morton's Neuroma.

Last edited:
Dang, that sounds utterly painful. Maybe now you'll stop wearing high heels.:flipoff2:

I work on NY day and will be out VERY late NY eve. one of my best friend's retirement party is that night. although, I do need to do a snow run. the FJ cruiser has good tires on it now and should do well.

For the newer folks who I've never met and who have relatively stock rigs, don't be afraid to attend. My 100-series is pretty close to stock too and I'm not that adventurous so we'll be running easy stuff that any stock 4WD with decent tires can do. My goal is a mild-wheeling day with some snow that little and big kids can get out and enjoy with sleds.

I should be able to make it. Time to get the chains loaded up, just in case. Any more thoughts on where to go? I would think the Jemez did pretty well for snow with this last storm, but I'm not against trying somewhere else...

I know the Jemez and have maps for the area. I don't know other potential areas nearly as well.

Isabelle, Jessica and I will be there along with our dogs.

Last edited:
I know the Jemez and have maps for the area. I don't know other potential areas nearly as well.

I agree - I'm more familiar with the Jemez as well. We had a snow run last year on the forest road near the top of the hill between La Cueva and Fenton Lake. I don't recall the number of the road, but that was a fun trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom