New vendor "Bowfin Cruisers" and new 80 series roof rack option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed couple months ago but forgot update pic! Nice and fit in my garage. Thank you dogfishlake! And he did not charge me more with the awning braket :) !!!

View attachment 2081702
Your 80 looks great!
Glad you liked the brackets. There was enough issues with your order process to make that a fair deal. Thanks again.

There are a few companies that make industrial erector sets.
Just make sure Extruded Aluminum Profile is same for application.
You would be looking for 10x20 aluminum extrusion with 1/4-20 holes. Then the accessories would be called "10 series" for the diy person.

This rack is on my list. Have my front bumper now and waiting on the rear to arrive, once that's on you'll hear from me soon. Incredibly well thought out, obviously very stout and looks great to boot!

This rack is on my list. Have my front bumper now and waiting on the rear to arrive, once that's on you'll hear from me soon. Incredibly well thought out, obviously very stout and looks great to boot!
Thank you. I am trying to build things totally committed to "form follows function " but it makes sense to make certain things flow with the design of the truck. If I make new items they are for me first. That isn't meant to sound wrong, it is meant to be like anything any of us would do to our trucks- thought out, purpose built, and not spending money to look good at the mall. You might just anyway, but it is sheer coincidence;)

The rack is finally here! It was a long three months! All the way from Michigan to California then to Manila! Thanks @dogfishlake :cheers:

D210FED4-4923-4450-B264-C554735BCCB3.jpeg

Installed! What a pleasure it was to build. Everything neatly bagged and labeled. I assembled it on the roof, using the shipping foam it came with as well as some floor mats to protect the roof while putting it together. Thanks for the great product Bowfin Cruisers!

6C65F4EE-7293-4B1A-9A73-A361CE7DAF2F.jpeg

3CDECA06-A518-4E25-B914-526DC837D41A.jpeg

96AFD064-796B-4FF7-8524-E771CC502F8F.jpeg

FFC7D997-8AD7-4519-8F41-89C38436AB0F.jpeg

D4A41E9B-08AD-4B35-A3F3-F21DD73AD34D.jpeg

Another happy Bowfin customer. Patrick is GREAT to deal with and makes a quality piece of kit. Incredibly well thought out and well made with great aesthetics as well. Rack is solid as a rock! Look forward to anything else he comes up with.

AAA6880E-FF32-46C7-B6B4-E27BD7A76CCD.jpeg

I’m anxiously awaiting the half rack!

Just kidding. I will try to stay on that one!

View attachment 1554877

Hello all,

I have been on MUD for some time, but this is my first thread as a supporting vendor. So not only do I want to introduce my new business and the first of several products that are getting developed, also I want to say thank you all for the great community and for helping to inspire me to push this passion forward. I have had my own finishing company for 24 years now and it has been a great experience, but I really wanted to get back to something more focused on what I enjoy the most, and Land Cruisers are definitely my passion. My company is called Bowfin Cruisers LLC, located in Greenville MI. The name for the company is derived from the place I live and my MUD username dogfishlake, as Bowfin is the proper name for a Dogfish.

There are several things in the works and I will roll them out as time permits as this effort will still be my second career, with the hope of making it the only one in the years ahead, time will tell. I hope to keep a real and transparent communication open to all so it will be easy to check on how products are coming along as well as timing, pricing and availability.

So, to move on, the first item I am planning to offer is a roof rack for the 80 series Cruiser. It is an aluminum side rail type with T slot cross bars like others that have been shown here. I have had quite a few of my own ideas on how to make a rack like this and finally decided to go after my own design. I felt the need for a better design in a few areas and began putting them together until getting to the near final product I have here. The rack consists of aluminum side rails made of 3/16” laser cut aluminum, a front wind deflector of 1/8” aluminum, and T-slot style cross bars. The real gem of the rack is the attachment system. I worked on many different concepts until coming up with a modified latch that snaps on and stays retained with a hex drive bolt for strength and safety. The rack is very easy to put on and remove and the latch system gives it a really nice clean look.

The T-slot is black anodized and the sides, latches, and front panel are powder coated in a super durable satin black polyester powder coating. Fasteners are currently zinc coated black but a more weather resistant fastener is in the works.

Here are some photos of what I have thus far, as well as a youtube link to how the latch functions.

I will keep adding to the thread as this moves along and I am happy to answer questions you may have about it too, either on this thread or by sending me a PM. I do not have a website yet so MUD will be my means of communication for now or if you prefer, email me at dogfishlake@bowfincruisers.com
View attachment 1554878 View attachment 1554879

I can't wait to order this rack. It looks like most of everything has been covered with it other than one thing. Can you install rally style lights (Baja Designs LP6's) behind the air dam easily or would a custom bracket need to be installed?

I can't wait to order this rack. It looks like most of everything has been covered with it other than one thing. Can you install rally style lights (Baja Designs LP6's) behind the air dam easily or would a custom bracket need to be installed?
It should work fine. It may be best to use the deflector cross bar and not the deflector then just mount the lights to the bar and let the lights be the wind deflector

Last edited:
It should work fine. It may be best to use the deflector cross bar and not the deflector then just mount the lights to the bar amd let the lights be the wind deflector
Good to know. I'll do some experimenting when I get it and I'll add to the thread for anyone interested

check out what I found.

Ordered mine last week, I’m like a little kid waiting for Christmas lol. Can’t wait to get it.

You’ll BE as excited as kid on Christmas Day after you get it mounted up. Love my rack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom