New vendor "Bowfin Cruisers" and new 80 series roof rack option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@dogfishlake I have sent you a pm, kindly check your inbox. I tried ordering from your site but Paypal gives an error probably because my billing address is outside the US. I'd love to have this awesome rack on my HDJ80!

Rack ordered this morning for my 97. I'm going to look like a rockstar when I drive to the local Starbucks.
EDE08977-8A73-4C0E-AD4F-6C7DA9045AF6.jpeg

Id be very interested in a 1/2 rack for my truck. I dont carry a lot of stuff on my roof except firewood and I’d like to add a solar panel.

Great rack, simple design, well thought out. As mentioned by others, the latches are particularly well designed.
No wind noise at all!
If mounting a tent: figure out exactly where you want the tent to sit on the rack then attach the purlins(crossbeams?) to the tent on the ground. Installing or adjusting the tent once the purlins are attached to the rack and the rack is mounted on the truck is difficult as there is very little room for your hands!!!
Thank you Patrick for making an excellent product.
Money well spent!
image.jpg
6D8B50B7-9BE6-48F2-A163-BEBA335B5BA0.jpeg

Installing or adjusting the tent once the purlins are attached to the rack and the rack is mounted on the truck is difficult as there is very little room for your hands!!!

Bought some slightly shorter crossbars and put plastic caps on them so they slide in to the rack smoother.

20190705_113120.jpg

20190414_205449.jpg

Last edited:
Mounting tent on truck is simple with the optional tent mounts. They mount to the cross bars and have a mounting hole next to the bar which allows for easy installation.

Tnutz is way cheaper and great customer service

Remember
TAPPING MACHINING OPTIONS:
1/4-20 tap @ both ends. $2.00
50.75" with the below added

10 SERIES - BLACK PLASTIC END CAP W/PUSH-IN(S) – BLANK - 1'' x 2''
  • Size:
    1'' x 2''

Last edited:
Tnutz is way cheaper and great customer service

Remember
TAPPING MACHINING OPTIONS:
1/4-20 tap @ both ends. $2.00
50.75" with the below added

10 SERIES - BLACK PLASTIC END CAP W/PUSH-IN(S) – BLANK - 1'' x 2''
  • Size:
    1'' x 2''
These nuts!!. Haha. With that name I'm going with these guys!

There are a few companies that make industrial erector sets.
Just make sure Extruded Aluminum Profile is same for application.

Just installed mine and I have to say this is the most well thought out rack I have ever used. It honestly puts the major rack manufacturers to shame. Everything fit well, the finish is excellent, and the instructions were easy to follow. The rack came packaged well with no damage and everything was labeled. Money well spent!

IMG_20190912_153401.JPG

*decal deserves a prominent spot on my rig

IMG_20190912_153348.JPG

*Installed!

IMG_20190912_133939.JPG

*everything nicely labeled

Just installed mine and I have to say this is the most well thought out rack I have ever used. It honestly puts the major rack manufacturers to shame. Everything fit well, the finish is excellent, and the instructions were easy to follow. The rack came packaged well with no damage and everything was labeled. Money well spent!

View attachment 2081692
*decal deserves a prominent spot on my rig

View attachment 2081693
*Installed!

View attachment 2081694
*everything nicely labeled
THAT^^^ is why I do this!

Bad business? Maybe, but I absolutely love this community and I HATE (using all caps here) the term "it's just business "

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom