New Toy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is how it ended up when I sold it. 5.5" Alcans/Bilstien 5100's, and 35's. I drove it every day with this setup. I was super smooth, tracked straight, adequate power with the 4.88's and 22R.

I like my new '93, but I still miss this truck.

Last edited:
That 85' is cool, lucky is the new owner of that rig. I am leaning toward the 4" Alcans becausae eventually I will run 35's. I have the Rancho 9000 on my cruiser, they work great but Bilstein sounds ideal. Looks like I will be calling Alcan soon... thanks for all the input.

One more thought on the Alcans. The set I had on my '85 as well as the set I had built for my FJ40 were both a little shorter length that what I would really want. Meaning, I ended up with a steeper shackle angle, something between 60-75* rather than something closer to 45* which IMO is a pretty decent shackle angle for suspension travel and ride quality.

Charles at Alcan is great and will basically build you whatever you ask for. He has lots of experience building springs for all toyotas, but from my experience they would be better if they were just a little longer than what he typically builds to give you a better shackle angle.

So chat with him about that and see if you can get the springs a little longer.

Good luck and post up pics :)

The stripes are staying : )

I am getting ready to derust and proof from future rust (fender replacement, quarters), etc. I have a good body man who will restripe. Anyone know if Toyota still sells the striping?

Box Rocket, where did you get the front fenders on the 85?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom