New to me 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These are the ones I got for the smaller holes. I put a dab of goop on them. Think they were cheaper a year ago tho, so maybe a different source would be better. (Bit of a wait too)

I didn't colour match but they don't stand out too much.

The ones I used for the bigger holes have waaay bigger heads. I'd have preferred smaller, but I was fresh out of give a s*** at the time :lol:

If you were closer I probably have enough left to do another truck.

Thanks I’ll order a bunch. My give a $h!t is also quite low. Push something in and seal up till I have time and care.

Anyone want the steps off this thing? I’m going to try and get them off tomorrow. Will report back if it’s worth shipping them. They appear decent.

4BBDCD1D-D687-406F-A23B-7391CC7E657B.jpeg
4BBDCD1D-D687-406F-A23B-7391CC7E657B.jpeg
C9297513-D3D7-419C-BC7F-02FD0806FA86.jpeg

Make sure you plugs all the bolt holes in the rocker! I’d use the old bolts then paint over them right away.

Brand spanking new army green Tacoma beside the 60. Those new ones are real nice but I’ll still take this thing.

fixed grid heater today.
steps off.
plugged a bunch of fender holes. Not all of them.
Rear heater and wiper are a stumbling block. Need more beer for those.
Doors and interior are next.
brake parts ordered.
need to free up the rear bell crank tomorrow
Carpet and rear panels (interior) are in need of attention badly.

Looks so much better without the flares and running boards.

If it’s any indication of how much I love running boards...
975C686D-1A1A-4C17-861D-520B0B82AEB4.jpeg

I lost mine about 20 years ago... the steps are to make it family friendly and can come off in about two minutes. The 2.5” angle iron works well as a jacking point with the Hi-Lift jack.

Why the caution tape? My daughter and her friend threw candy at Halloween Tricker-treaters.
Meanwhile my son ‘slid’ candy down a 20’ pipe shoot to them. The compressor ‘assisted’ the candy down the pipe shoot. For safety the nozzle wasn’t sealed to th pipe and the candy didn’t seal it either. Didn’t want to use the ambulance to take anyone to the hospital... even though projectile candy at 90-125 psi would be a lot more fun.
A couple times we had to use a small plastic bottle to clear jams... I could get a small glimpse of how much more potential there was.

Last edited:
The flares and boards made it look like a bus. Kinda cleans it up without. Floors are really clean on the underside so that’s a relief. Funny, everyone looking at the new taco couldn’t stop talking about the old Landcruiser.

@bikersmurf are your rockers cut? Nice truck.

The flares and boards made it look like a bus. Kinda cleans it up without. Floors are really clean on the underside so that’s a relief. Funny, everyone looking at the new taco couldn’t stop talking about the old Landcruiser.

@bikersmurf are your rockers cut? Nice truck.

thanks

Yes rockers cut, narrowed & raised glass front fenders, rear wells cut, conveyer belt rear corners, and much other butchery... I mean carefully planned mods.

Got the back doors converted to manual roll up. Nothing quick about that job.

anyone want to do lhd to rhd conversion?
BABF8D15-4A72-451F-905A-21325A100976.jpeg

Just kidding. Free if anyone needs that thing

Actually, everyone seems to want to go from brown to grey. Maybe put it in classifieds
in case someone want to swap from grey to brown? Idea. Free to do.

Nice hj61, I recently lhd swaped my 61. Would you be willing to sell your fender flares? I've been looking for a set. Thanks!
Cool, so that makes at least three LHD swapped 61's in BC. :beer:

I still have the rear flares from mine, they aren't great but they're free. :meh:

I've almost tossed them a couple times but I hate throwing away cruiser s***.

Nice! Where did you source your body mounts? Or using old ones? Too bad you are in Kamloops, kind of far to just drop in on to see what’s happening. I don’t see any insulation on those walls, tough guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom