New Sequoia Owner, “Big Burgundy” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.greasyhands.co

Ok so I sold my ‘03 LX470 and now I’ve got an ‘08 Sequoia....and I am really liking it. She’s an SR5 with 161k on the clock and heated leather, rear entertainment and JBL Synth. Has the ReadyLift 3”F/2”R SST lift kit installed riding on BFG all-terrains.

Couple of questions:

(1) I really really enjoyed my polished wood steering wheel in my LX...did the limited sequoia have one I could swap out or does anyone know if Toyota has one I could plug-n-play from another model? Maybe a new LX or Cruiser?

(2) Where do I start in regards to checklisting maintenance on this beast? Just print the Toyota recommended maint PDF? What items should I check first? Boots? Bearings? How do I know if a bearing is bad? Should I just do a trans fluid exchange at this point?

I just need a service freak to give me some direction on a starting point.

Thanks!

- Garrett

(1) I really really enjoyed my polished wood steering wheel in my LX...did the limited sequoia have one I could swap out or does anyone know if Toyota has one I could plug-n-play from another model? Maybe a new LX or Cruiser?

I have the polished wood on my 12 Platinum. I am unsure if the Limited has it.

Great choice! We've got an '08 with 240k on the clock, runs like new still.
I have found two things that are a bit of a pain to do when they fail, the starter and coolant valley plate leak. Both are fairly straight forward, just time consuming. Nice sequoia!

Just accquired some 2017 Tundra Platinum 20” rims to replace my 18” SR5 rims. These are going on with new tires, hopefully 275/65 KO2’s this week.

The Spyders are cool, I had them, but I seriously have no regrets forking out the coin for the 2018 Sequoia LEDs and harness.

Good luck with your build!

IMG_20190323_165037.jpg

The Spyders are cool, I had them, but I seriously have no regrets forking out the coin for the 2018 Sequoia LEDs and harness.

Good luck with your build!

View attachment 1968466
@jbtaco2002 definitely agree with you and hopefully will upgrade headlamps in the future. QUESTION: Did you have an issue with the Spyder LED strip coming on during daylight? I have the strip wired into DRL but until light sensor detects low light my LED’s are either super dim or are not on.

@jbtaco2002 definitely agree with you and hopefully will upgrade headlamps in the future. QUESTION: Did you have an issue with the Spyder LED strip coming on during daylight? I have the strip wired into DRL but until light sensor detects low light my LED’s are either super dim or are not on.
I wired the strip to a dedicated switch and tied to acc.

I even ended buying a boost converter and bumped them up the 24 volts because I didn't think they were bright enough

I wired the strip to a dedicated switch and tied to acc.

I even ended buying a boost converter and bumped them up the 24 volts because I didn't think they were bright enough

@jbtaco2002 that last post 🤯 regarding electrics. But i have another question for you.

I have just put my 20” Tundra wheels and 275/65 KO2 tires on and have a much improved ride. Shop performed an alignment as well. However, a subtle rotating grind during driving and steering wheel shimmy (upon braking) still occur. Is this a brake rotor issue? Wheel bearing? Any help on where to start troubleshooting is appreciated.

@jbtaco2002 that last post 🤯 regarding electrics. But i have another question for you.

I have just put my 20” Tundra wheels and 275/65 KO2 tires on and have a much improved ride. Shop performed an alignment as well. However, a subtle rotating grind during driving and steering wheel shimmy (upon braking) still occur. Is this a brake rotor issue? Wheel bearing? Any help on where to start troubleshooting is appreciated.
Can't really help without hearing/feeling it myself. Warped rotors you would feel all the time, whenever braking

Any rubbing with that size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom