New seat cover process any tips?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm using @Cruiser Corps seat covers and picked up the rest at Oklahoma upholstery. Let me know any tips or tricks for the passenger seat. I'm working on my 1972 FJ.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes I did, this is the 1st time I have ever done this and looking for any tips from guys who know what their doing.

Here is the Toyota color I used. The paint shop here mixed several different Toyota silvers and this was the closest to mine.

image.jpeg

Is that what you wanted as far as specifics? Or anything else?

I have been restoring old steering wheels for a couple of months and that's how I started painting, that and I'm taking an adult auto body class at the county votech.

Also check in your area for an upholstery store and they can prolly get everything you need and good advice.

Here ya go.

image.png

And

image.png

My local upholstery store charged me $173.00 for two sets of foam(high density marine), hog rings,horse(?) hair, and adhesive.

Passenger seat so far.

image.jpeg

"Piping" $.90/foot

image.jpeg

If anyone has an extra one of these, let me know. It go on the side of the 2/3 passenger seat.

image.jpeg

You are doing some great work! The seat quality is like your steering wheels, incredible. I was thinking about trying to match the seat frame with powder coating but this might change my mind.

Have you tried cruiserparts.net for that seat piece? I know some have had some issues, but I've never had a problem. I just know they have a lot of donor vehicles for stuff like this.

Thank you, yes I talked to josh @Cruiser Corps and they didn't have one. I have had nothing but good service from them but I always call Josh directly.

I think I'm going to cerakote the bottom inch or so of where the seats bolt in to the tub. I noticed a little rust on them when I pulled them out. I'm also going to use it on the rear corners (from the inside) and that will protect it for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom