New Pioneer Avic-x930BT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the amp under the seat, didn't think it would fit under there. How much room do you think you have from the bottom of the seat to the top of the amp.

I like the amp under the seat, didn't think it would fit under there. How much room do you think you have from the bottom of the seat to the top of the amp.

Plenty, maybe a couple inches. I modified the stock brackets that were holding the stock amp and mounted a piece of 1/8" wood paneling to mount the new amp. In fact there's a a piece of hard foam under the seat to the rear of the amplifier that protects it from feet in the backseat. This rises above the level of the amp.

:hmm:
No, there's probably not more than an 1/8" between the box and the magnet as I have it mounted.
Thats what I assumed. I wonder if I could fit a small truck box with a dual voiced coil 8" sub back there and rig up brackets to hold it.

I have a small 2 channel under the 4 channel that you see. I also have a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 under the seat too. A fan as well.
IMG_3222.jpg

Yep I will be putting a toggle switch on my AVIC for this once I switch to the aftermarket amp.

An alternative is using a SoundGate to turn on the amp and leave the antenna connected to the blue lead. I've used these to fire an sub amp attached to a stock system.

I just installed the Pioneer AVH 3300BT. My factory antenna up / down buttons still work. You can always use those. Or if you just put an interrupt switch in the line to the antenna, the amp will still turn on.

Note, on the AVH - 3300BT, the bluetooth for the phone works well, but it is not setup to stream audio from Pandora / Rhapsody on an Android. I was disappointed by this.

I can use a double male mini jack (3.5mm) plug to the auxillary jack on the front of the unit to the headset jack on the android device to stream pandora or rhapsody. Wireless would have been nicer, but this works.

I used this BOYO and mounted it in the remote lock tumbler hole on the lower rear tailgate door. Amazon.com: Boyo VTK350 Night Vision Keyhole Type Camera: Electronics

The camera is working well. I would prefer a wider angle. There is a blind spot against the bumper on the driver's side. Mounting on the upper spoiler is a good idea. Good vantage point. If I did it again, I'd look at that.

I found an easy way to tap into the parking brake lead. It is red with a white stripe and blue dots. You'll find the parking brake lead in a harness adjacent to the lower dash valance just next to the hood release. Well, maybe 6" inboard of the hood release. There's about 12 wires in that connector and the correct one is in the outer corner of the connector.

Doug

the space behind the panel is so contorted (sp?) i doubt a pre fab box would fit back there. I was excited to see him use the jl 8 in the stock box. If it sounds decent (great?) then there is no more question on how to go. jl even makes a 6 in sub in the same line and shorter mounting depth (4.25 vs 4.63). wonder if there would be enough for 2 6's and stuffing it behind the grill.

For just a head unit swap the antenna behavior should remain as stock assuming your new head unit triggers only when radio (not power on) is sent down the trigger.

Regarding the aftermarket amp installs; The antenna up/down buttons works as normal but if you listen to a non radio source the antenna just sits there and does not recess to the flush position which is desirable. So yes an interrupt switch would work. If you want a fully automated system one could use the SoundGate to trigger the amplifier. This would keep the antenna functionality fully automatic and fire up the amp when sound is passed from the head unit.

I dont think the 3300 BT has A2DP Bluetooth profile so no wireless streaming. Since you're on Android no app mode either.

In my opinion the parking brake tap is not necessary on many installations simply because most ppl would rather bypass the lockouts, esp in NAV set ups.

I just installed the Pioneer AVH 3300BT. My factory antenna up / down buttons still work. You can always use those. Or if you just put an interrupt switch in the line to the antenna, the amp will still turn on.

Note, on the AVH - 3300BT, the bluetooth for the phone works well, but it is not setup to stream audio from Pandora / Rhapsody on an Android. I was disappointed by this.

I can use a double male mini jack (3.5mm) plug to the auxillary jack on the front of the unit to the headset jack on the android device to stream pandora or rhapsody. Wireless would have been nicer, but this works.

I used this BOYO and mounted it in the remote lock tumbler hole on the lower rear tailgate door. Amazon.com: Boyo VTK350 Night Vision Keyhole Type Camera: Electronics

The camera is working well. I would prefer a wider angle. There is a blind spot against the bumper on the driver's side. Mounting on the upper spoiler is a good idea. Good vantage point. If I did it again, I'd look at that.

I found an easy way to tap into the parking brake lead. It is red with a white stripe and blue dots. You'll find the parking brake lead in a harness adjacent to the lower dash valance just next to the hood release. Well, maybe 6" inboard of the hood release. There's about 12 wires in that connector and the correct one is in the outer corner of the connector.

Doug

the space behind the panel is so contorted (sp?) i doubt a pre fab box would fit back there. I was excited to see him use the jl 8 in the stock box. If it sounds decent (great?) then there is no more question on how to go. jl even makes a 6 in sub in the same line and shorter mounting depth (4.25 vs 4.63). wonder if there would be enough for 2 6's and stuffing it behind the grill.

I think it sounds great, I wish I could hear the sub mounted in an appropriate box to compare. But the sound is tight and without distortion at all the volume levels I've used. And in fact at times is overpowering depending on the song.

I posted more pics in another thread if you haven't already come across these:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/83132-oe-sub-woofer-2.html

how responsive is the interface? does it jutter or lag at all, especially in ipod mode?

very rare that it does.

if kenwood hadnt come out with a firmware reflash recently, i would have gotten one of these. nothing beats a volume button on top of all the rest of the tech :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom