New Pioneer Avic-x930BT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ended up installing that rear view camera flush mounted in the rear bumper cap. It looks very OEM. Unfortunately, the metal part of the bumper prevents you from centering it all the way. I'll post a photo later. Definitely the coolest add on to the AVIC units for $25 bucks.

used this one:
Amazon.com: XO Vision HTC35 Universal Weatherproof Vehicle Backup Camera with Easy Installation and NightVision: Electronics

Edit with pics:

Don't ask about the paint defect. It's a sore subject. :mad:

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Last edited:
I like the fact that you can put in lat/lon coords on the pioneer nav. It also draws a picture of potentially confusing highway exits and street intersections and gives you a progress bar so you know exactly when to turn. I used to have a garmin and I thought it was pretty crap comparatively. I can't speak for the kenwoods.

I ended up installing that rear view camera flush mounted in the rear bumper cap. It looks very OEM. Unfortunately, the metal part of the bumper prevents you from centering it all the way. I'll post a photo later. Definitely the coolest add on to the AVIC units for $25 bucks.

used this one:
Amazon.com: XO Vision HTC35 Universal Weatherproof Vehicle Backup Camera with Easy Installation and NightVision: Electronics

Edit with pics:

Don't ask about the paint defect. It's a sore subject. :mad:

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

I have the same camera waiting to be installed. Is there enough room about the hitch to fab a small bracket and mount it directly above the hitch?

I have the same camera waiting to be installed. Is there enough room about the hitch to fab a small bracket and mount it directly above the hitch?

Unfortunately not. The closer you get to the center of the bumper, the less room there is between the bumper and bumper cap.

You could just cut a hole in the cross member with a hole saw.

Do you have XM? If so where did they put the reciever/antenna? I want to get this unit for my 1999. Best Buy says they can install it in a couple of hours for $100...but I am little wary...:rolleyes:

mechanixhorseman said:
I like the fact that you can put in lat/lon coords on the pioneer nav...
You can do this on a Garmin system on a Kenwood, it's just buried way deep in the menus.

So just finished installing my new AVIC (amp, new sub and speakers all around). And no joy! System won't power up. I double checked all my connections and all look good. Checked the fuse near the battery and it's good. Is there another fuse somewhere I'm missing?

I did the pin 2 mod before installing and grounded that mute wire with the parking brake. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

I would make it as simple as possible; give it a known good 12v+ (probably wants one switched and one constant) and ground and see if she powers up. There's probably something unhappy going on in your other connections. Start simple and go from there.

Make sure you have a 12v power source going to the amp....my 2000 has one and it senses this switched power to WAKE UP the amp...without it you get nothing.

if the system is the head unit itself....i would check grounds and see if you got power coming to your unit through your switched connection...if it has power where you connected to unit harness then might be bad unit...but I would pull power from another source to make sure.

So I had a fatal flaw in my wiring. Since I replaced the amplifier, the harness at the HU didn't work. I had to draw the power from the amp harness and run wires to the HU.

The issue ihave now is that I apparently tapped the wrong wire at the ECM for the reverse sensor.

Got the power issue solved but am still stumped by the revers sensor. I've double checked and the reverse sensor wire, pin 2 location on the E8 plug at the ECM. However it must be sending a constant signal to the HU because it's constantly in the reverse camera view mode when the engine is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom