New Land Cruiser specialty shop in Boise, Idaho (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I picked up my first LHD 70-series Cruiser today in this new venture!

A 1990 PZJ70 LX that is a one owner truck, the original owner passed away and I bought it from his widow. I know people have heard all this before but this is a REAL one owner truck that was not used for work, the family I bought it from are rich cattle farmers and Cruiserheads! They use HZJ75s for work and this was the old mans DD for many years. It is the REAL deal! They also own a 200-series.

It is about an 8 out of 10 as it sits but I will be bringing it up to an 8.5-9 out of 10. A really solid 27yr old 70-series truck! I have never driven a 1PZ Cruiser before today but they have great power and throttle response for a N/A diesel. This truck has 210,000 original miles. Zero rust on the body or chassis. I tested it for blow by by taking off the oil filler cap and flipping it over on the fill port and it just sat there for more than a minute so I am going to say this truck has zero blow by. Zero smoke out of the exhaust under all driving conditions. Ice cold A/C. All electricals work excellent. Original radio but also has a good updated stereo as well as a nice alarm. 4wd works perfectly. Trans shifts tight and smooth. The truck has zero oil leaks any where on it, including no leaky knuckles which is so common on old Cruisers. Interior in excellent condition, original headliner looks brand new. It has been painted but has a really nice paint job on it and I checked the whole body for body filler using a body filler detector and found very very little in the entire truck. Factory auto glow system works flawlessly, it cold starts easily. All glass is original. It does have a 2007 grill on it but I think it looks great this way. Brakes work excellent. Everything is really clean and solid on this truck but I will be bringing it up to my standards and preparing it for the long drive back up to the states.

Stay tuned for more and I am already hunting for another!

Cheers

What kind of money are we talking when it's ready to go? Ballpark.

A 1990 PZJ70 LX that is a one owner truck, the original owner passed away and I bought it from his widow. I know people have heard all this before but this is a REAL one owner truck that was not used for work, the family I bought it from are rich cattle farmers and Cruiserheads! They use HZJ75s for work and this was the old mans DD for many years. It is the REAL deal! They also own a 200-series.

It is about an 8 out of 10 as it sits but I will be bringing it up to an 8.5-9 out of 10. A really solid 27yr old 70-series truck! I have never driven a 1PZ Cruiser before today but they have great power and throttle response for a N/A diesel. This truck has 210,000 original miles. Zero rust on the body or chassis. I tested it for blow by by taking off the oil filler cap and flipping it over on the fill port and it just sat there for more than a minute so I am going to say this truck has zero blow by. Zero smoke out of the exhaust under all driving conditions. Ice cold A/C. All electricals work excellent. Original radio but also has a good updated stereo as well as a nice alarm. 4wd works perfectly. Trans shifts tight and smooth. The truck has zero oil leaks any where on it, including no leaky knuckles which is so common on old Cruisers. Interior in excellent condition, original headliner looks brand new. It has been painted but has a really nice paint job on it and I checked the whole body for body filler using a body filler detector and found very very little in the entire truck. Factory auto glow system works flawlessly, it cold starts easily. All glass is original. It does have a 2007 grill on it but I think it looks great this way. Brakes work excellent. Everything is really clean and solid on this truck but I will be bringing it up to my standards and preparing it for the long drive back up to the states.

Stay tuned for more and I am already hunting for another!

Cheers

Not so much, not enough there from what I have seen in good enough condition at the right prices. I am keeping an eye out there though. Probably be down your way before to long but right now I am not in Panama.

Cheers

deadly right with our Cruisers down here ..

I remember a thread of yours from many, many, MANY moons ago about finding and importing 43s from VZ....nice to see you finally getting the chance to do this (although I'm doubting you'll be hitting VZ any time soon with the way things are going there.. our friends and fam from VZ tell us not much good going on there right now...so sad.)

So props man! I tried a couple times to do it from a couple different places in SA and it proved to be quite difficult and I have been (yet? haha) unable to make it happen. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with.

Let's see some PZJ70 pics man!

I remember a thread of yours from many, many, MANY moons ago about finding and importing 43s from VZ....nice to see you finally getting the chance to do this (although I'm doubting you'll be hitting VZ any time soon with the way things are going there.. our friends and fam from VZ tell us not much good going on there right now...so sad.)

So props man! I tried a couple times to do it from a couple different places in SA and it proved to be quite difficult and I have been (yet? haha) unable to make it happen. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with.

Let's see some PZJ70 pics man!

Ha!

Not many remember the very old days here on Mud and my inquires about interest back then. That was 2004, took me 13yrs to take the plunge and go for it! Long before anyone starting bringing in 43's from Latin America. The thread can still be found if you dig deep enough into the bowls of Mud! ;) Sometimes I do regret not pursuing it back then after seeing the success others have had bringing in 43's. It just wasn't the right time in my life back then and I will be honest, I was a serious Nissan Patrol addict back then and that was where my personal interest lay, my passion and why I went down there in the first place. I have moved on from the Patrols now though, some of my old friends in Latin America don't understand why. I still love them but am 100% Cruisers now.

Thanks for the props man and for remembering, you are a true old school Mud OG!! :)

It actually was Colombia but either way, you still remembered. :) I have a good buddy in Venezuela though who is a die hard Patrol guy, he is one of the ones who wonders wtf I am doing! Haha he sends me stuff on Cruisers though. Awesome guy!

I have started a thread on the PZJ70, its build and refurbish, find it here
PZJ70 build-refurbish!?

I haven't updated it in a week or so but I am working on the truck daily and when I feel I have things to share I will.

Cheers!

I am temped to post pics of the trucks I see down here because I see many every day and have pictures of dozens and dozens of them.

However people always seem to focus on the negative and talk crap about the wheels rather than see the potential in these trucks.

Troopies out the whazoo, HJ47 pickups and a lot of them, BJ42's and much more. I have a hard time understanding why people can't simply see the potential and awesomeness of these models instead of just focusing on things like the wheels. What I see is potential and after many years buying, working on and selling trucks in the states I have seen many o' farmer hack job on many a truck there as well.

So I hold back....

Cheers

It has been a good week hunting Troopies!!

1991 with 1HZ and H42

Troopy 1.jpg

1993 with 1HZ and H55F

Troopy 2.jpg

1989 with 2H and H42
Troopy 3.jpg

Looking like I am pulling the trigger on this one tomorrow though. 05/1984 HJ47 with 2H and H42. Zero body filler and runs great with 145,000 original miles!

HJ47.jpg

Cheers

But it has ugly wheels!

Sweet truck for real though.

There may be a market to bring in the fixer uppers? All I see (don't look that hard though) on the net are the 'cream of the crop' models that are 25+ years old but pushing $20-$30 grand, and still would need work (wheels/tires, other PO hack jobs to fix)

For example, that 1993 (HZ and H55) Troopie you posted.....it clearly needs a good bit of work and money spent on it, but the new owner could fix it up as they see fit and not have to pay for the previous owners mods. Is there enough margin in that?

But it has ugly wheels!

Sweet truck for real though.

There may be a market to bring in the fixer uppers? All I see (don't look that hard though) on the net are the 'cream of the crop' models that are 25+ years old but pushing $20-$30 grand, and still would need work (wheels/tires, other PO hack jobs to fix)

For example, that 1993 (HZ and H55) Troopie you posted.....it clearly needs a good bit of work and money spent on it, but the new owner could fix it up as they see fit and not have to pay for the previous owners mods. Is there enough margin in that?

Perhaps and I do plan to try and accommodate all budgets. I know where another HJ47 is that I could deliver for $10-12k. It has a lot of body rust but is original and complete. It would make a great restoration for somebody and once restored would return a lot on the work and investment if the person was inclined to sell it.

Blue HJ47 I think I am getting original wheels with it. ;)

The 93 Troopy is actually the best of the theee. Looks can be deceiving in pictures.

Cheers

congrats dude .. the site looks awesome !

Thanks David! I appreciate the support a lot!

I am super picky and still see some words I want to change, etc etc but it is fine for now.

Cheers

I'd like to know more about parts for these south of the boarder LandCruisers. Many folks are importing now that these Cruisers are more than 25 years old.
Will,there be a parts stream for these non USA vehicles? Are there junk yards to salvage from?

For instance can you source power steering components for a 1981 FJ43?

Just curious,
And the best of luck with your venture Ian,

devo

I'd like to know more about parts for these south of the boarder LandCruisers. Many folks are importing now that these Cruisers are more than 25 years old.
Will,there be a parts stream for these non USA vehicles? Are there junk yards to salvage from?

For instance can you source power steering components for a 1981 FJ43?

Just curious,
And the best of luck with your venture Ian,

devo

Yes I can source second hand parts but I am not ready to do that yet.

As far as new parts, plenty of places to get them here in the USA.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom