New GX 460 Owner (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A friend of mine is selling his Method MR701 with 285/70 Terra Grapplers. Think I could make them fit with a BMC before the lift?
Yeah, I think they would fit, but guaranteed you'll be rubbing going in/out driveways especially with the wheel turned.
But for a while if you're careful with your driving, you should be fine. Have to admit, it'll look good!
Or just buy them and stick them on the side of the house/garage till you get your lift!

Well these practically fell into my lap. I was just browsing the local FB ads and saw these pop up. I was intrigued so I messaged him. Turns out he ran them on his 1st gen Tundra for about 200 miles before he moved to a 2nd gen Tundra. The tires even still have the little nubs on them still.

Met up at his place after work yesterday to test fit them. I will have to do a little bit of trimming before the lift next month. I ordered a set of extended Gorilla lugs last night. Anyone have experience with the Nittos?

Method MR701 17x8.5 ET0
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/70 R17

52404202791_301a2a93d9_h.jpg

Well these practically fell into my lap. I was just browsing the local FB ads and saw these pop up. I was intrigued so I messaged him. Turns out he ran them on his 1st gen Tundra for about 200 miles before he moved to a 2nd gen Tundra. The tires even still have the little nubs on them still.

Met up at his place after work yesterday to test fit them. I will have to do a little bit of trimming before the lift next month. I ordered a set of extended Gorilla lugs last night. Anyone have experience with the Nittos?

Method MR701 17x8.5 ET0
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/70 R17

52404202791_301a2a93d9_h.jpg

Lucky! That's basically the exact wheel setup I'm aiming to do, wish I could find the combo for a good deal like you did.

Last edited:
Looks good!

Front windscreen tint is illegal in Texas or I’d do it.

Yep, I think windshield tinting is off limits in most states. I know California doesn't even allow front driver or passenger windows to be tinted. Second row and back is okay, but not the very front windows.
Although they don't often enforce it, but it is an excuse to pull you over if they're suspicious about anything.

Last edited:
I’m looking at getting the taillights from a wrecked 2020 GX. Are they plug and play? Or will there be any coding required?

I think the older Pre-2014 tail lights require an adapter harness to work in the newer models but you should be fine with yours.

See if you're rubbing on the pinch welds also. If so, you may have to pound those in a wee bit.

New wheels fitted! Rubbing a bit so I broke out the heat gun and massaged the fender liners, but I think some cutting will be in order.

52436450292_0725ed7b16_h.jpg

Looks really good! Did you ever get the rubbing under control? Any other mods since last update?

Stupidly I ended up selling the Methods since I was looking for a different look, but am really regretting it now. Back on the stock wheels for now, but have an order in for 265/70/18s to get me through the next couple of years.

Not much going on here. Added the Gamiviti rack in June and wheels and tires in May. Notice the crinkled front bumper and scuffed running boards. Whoops ;)

53249554710_d2b35c40bb_h.jpg
Trim up the bumpers a wee bit and replace the rocker panel steps with sliders, and if desired, paint to body color! (for that off road stealth look)

Trim up the bumpers a wee bit and replace the rocker panel steps with sliders, and if desired, paint to body color! (for that off road stealth look)
Exactly where I’m headed. Seems like most sliders aren’t entirely full length? I like the coverage of the CBI sliders but not the look.

Question: With aftermarket wheels, are ET lugs necessary? I ask because I’m getting my Fifteen52 wheels mounted tomorrow and the tech at Discount Tire tells me that normal acorn lugs will have enough thread engagement.

Question: With aftermarket wheels, are ET lugs necessary? I ask because I’m getting my Fifteen52 wheels mounted tomorrow and the tech at Discount Tire tells me that normal acorn lugs will have enough thread engagement.

ET nuts are preferred as Toyota studs tend to be pretty short. They're not entirely necessary, and not all wheels will have a large enough stud hole to accommodate an ET nut so reach out the vendor/Fifteen52 or look at the wheels to confirm before you buy anything. In the meantime, you can definitely run normal tapered nuts and be perfectly safe.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom