New guy here... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After lurking the last few months I wanted to register and introduce myself.

Like many others I am after a 96 or 97 LC beginning this spring (late March).

Ill be willing to travel which should be a fun adventure.

Anyway, I live near Lake Norman and have a 6yo co-pilot and am looking forward to getting out and exploring!

- Gregg

*flamesuit on*
Leather 😬

We moved (escaped?) CT just over 3 years ago and love it here.

Leather started in 93 though :)

Slee has a pretty good list of the differences in the years.

Keep your eyes out for deals to be ready to jump on. We are back in the age of these things being treated as collector cars and the prices are high right now.

Welcome don't forget lexus lx450 as an option.

Welcome don't forget lexus lx450 as an option.
Good point I think the lx with and grey lx is one of the nicest looking 80 series.

Also quite often you can find them for better prices than cruisers.

Leather started in 93 though :)

Slee has a pretty good list of the differences in the years.

Keep your eyes out for deals to be ready to jump on. We are back in the age of these things being treated as collector cars and the prices are high right now.
Ah see I learned something!

That is where I am at now; setting up the hunt. Im setting up searches / alerts and will be ready to hop in the car or a flight in pretty quick order.

Any and all suggestions welcome. I know Im in stiff competition with others and that this may take several misses and several months before I find my 80.

Ive owned a bunch of fun cars, VW Corrado, 1Gen Eclipse and my 15 Taco I never should have gotten rid of to name a few.

Im still getting used to seeing older vehicles on the road (saw a 60 yesterday and got far too excited). Its nice to not have to worry about rust nearly as much here!

We have an active group in Charlotte, including a 2-3 guys on your side of town. The pandemic has kept us from having local "meetings" (translated: hang out, look at each other's junk, tell stories, and drink beer) for the last many months. Depending on how long your search takes, you should feel welcome to join us when we do meet, whether you have purchased one or not.

Best wishes for your search!

We have an active group in Charlotte, including a 2-3 guys on your side of town. The pandemic has kept us from having local "meetings" (translated: hang out, look at each other's junk, tell stories, and drink beer) for the last many months. Depending on how long your search takes, you should feel welcome to join us when we do meet, whether you have purchased one or not.

Best wishes for your search!

Great to hear this too!
Ive worked at home for years and now have my son attending school virtually.

I am very much looking forward to interacting with other adults lol.

With COVID I had to stop playing kickball and that is / was my social network (aside from parents of my sons friends).

Welcome to the area. This is a very broad ranging club with a wide variety of interests. It's been referred to a gun club with a Toyota habit, a drinking club with a Toyota habit.

In regard to a truck, the Slee guide above is pretty comprehensive. Buy the best truck you can find for the money you can budget. Going cheap with a lot more to fix ALWAYS costs more. Consider the upgrades you plan on when looking at potential vehicles. If you are looking at bolting on some 34" tires and some cool wheels they are no longer a selling point for you, but something you can sell used and get a little back on the back side. Rust is the biggest enemy IMHO

Welcome. I'm in Huntersville so may be close. Welcome to the journey. I bought mine from WV sight unseen except for pictures. All the above advice is good. Reach out with questions.

Sent you a PM connecting you with a local MUD member here in Greenville who shared with me recently he is looking to sell his 80.

Welcome! I'm pretty new to the cruiser as well. And I'm not to far from you in Huntsville. I used the slee guide and this forum when I bought mine. Def be ready to pull the trigger. They're going quick! I found mine on fb market place and a few others on Craigslist. Happy hunting

Welcome! I'm pretty new to the cruiser as well. And I'm not to far from you in Huntsville. I used the slee guide and this forum when I bought mine. Def be ready to pull the trigger. They're going quick! I found mine on fb market place and a few others on Craigslist. Happy hunting

Thanks and hope to meet up sometime soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom