New FJ62 Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

New to the site and wanted to say hi. I recently purchased a 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 to restore and this site has been such a good resource with all the issues that I've been facing. I love the FJ62, hoping that I will be able to fully restore the beauty.

Welcome to the madness!

Get a quality transmission cooler installed to preserve the life of your transmission. Enjoy the power windows and power mirrors while all the 60's double pump their gas pedal before starting. :D

Get a quality transmission cooler installed to preserve the life of your transmission. Enjoy the power windows and power mirrors while all the 60's double pump their gas pedal before starting. :D

You can get by with a double pump? My 2F took about 8 pumps.

Congrats on the 62. The only one I've ridden in was with a fly fishing guide in northern CA. He loved it and had a bunch of miles on it, I just prefer stick shift.

No photos equates to a fable:D Just kidding! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new to you 62...Seriously, post some photos

Welcome! I have an '89 FJ62 but most of it's migrating over to my rust-free '86 FJ60, including the power windows/door locks/mirrors, plus the 3-point shoulder harness seat belts and rear bench seat headrests. If your door locks and windows don't work well or are sluggish there's a great thread detailing an upgrade you can do (the upgrade is really worth it, I just finished mine up):

Power Windows and Door Locks--Permanent Fix!

Another thing to take care of is the oil galley plug fix (assuming it hasn't been done yet):

Oil Galley Plug Fixes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom