New FJ60 Owner + Stereo Install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you have to remove the dash to install the bracket?

If only someone would do the FJ62 files. Different brackets and location though. Sad face.

Why? 62 dash is cake to make any radio fit. It is designed like any other 'modern' dash. Regular din/double din opening and option for pockets.

Nice job @coultl You should look into refining the bezel to match the factory look a touch more and sell them.

This is fantastic! Can you explain the different files you've listed above? Are all needed to build the bracket and face plate or are they different for different types of printers?

I didn't expect these would actually be used. I'm really glad they are! I organized the files and added some notes HERE.

Cincodemustache please share how your install goes. I'd hate for people to spend $$$ on 3D prints is there are improvements I can make to the files. Just let me know! Also, the stereo is held into the dash by a M3X15 socket head screw that pinches the stereo opening. This screw will self-tap into the other half of the pinch. You can probably make a lot of different screw sizes work, but that's what I used.

A few photos to help clarify what the bracket looks like and how the pinch bolt sits:

FJ60_Radio_Holder.JPG

FJ60_Radio_Holder_02.JPG

FJ60_Radio_Holder-03.JPG

If someone prints this bracket and willing to sell a copy, please let us know! What a great bracket, thx for the innovation and sharing!

If someone prints this bracket and willing to sell a copy, please let us know! What a great bracket, thx for the innovation and sharing!
Completely agree re the novel nature of the bracket which is a big stumbling block on DIY upgrades for the stereo
Whoever has found someone on the web to re print these, please share the contact, and thanks

Why? 62 dash is cake to make any radio fit. It is designed like any other 'modern' dash. Regular din/double din opening and option for pockets.

Nice job @coultl You should look into refining the bezel to match the factory look a touch more and sell them.

The brackets in my dash had been gutted. Someone did the weirdest install of a head unit. It just sat in the gap. I've since hunted down all the factory brackets, so yes, you're right. Now I'm fabricating a nice little gap cover to clean up the damage to the factory bezel. People amaze me with their laziness.

I went online and found a service, Xometry.com. You can search by your area and find a person with a printer who prints with the material you want, download the file, choose your material and printing type and they give you a quote. I chose PETG as the material and FDM and IIRC the quote was about $56 for the bracket. I haven't had it printed yet.

Thanks again. I ordered it in a nylon plastic rated up to to 325 degrees, so I think that should be sufficient. If not, we should all be baking pies inside our dash...lol

FYI for all - I ordered the bracket through shapeways.com and found a 5 or 10 percent off promo code through google. It was $57 with shipping, using the material mentioned above. Probably a bit too expensive, but I think it's going to be a huge upgrade for the radio and not having to adjust it after a bump.

I was wrong. The quote and the use of local folks doing the printing was a company called makexyz. just placed the order: bracket using fdm printing with PTEG was $57 and the HD faceplate using FDM and Plastic was $15. Delivery after the 21st. Will let you know how it works out

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom