New FJ 60 - Must Haves? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For on the road use I think the best thing I did to my 60 was the heavy duty sway bar from Man-a-fre. Even with 4 inches of lift it corners better than stock.

For off road the grab bar over the glove box is always appreciated.
A lift kit and posi will get you through the really tough stuff.

I'd go for that fire extinguisher too, it sucks when you have a fire in the engine and your panicin tryin to blow it out...

CHAINS

Dont know where you live, but i always have a set of chains with me!!
I paid about $100 for mine, they fit my 36in.TSL and in all kinds of conditions{ ice, mud, silt, } they have never let me down!!!!!!

Road Kit: spare hoses, belts, headlight bulbs, couple of hose clamps, some duct tape, set of hand tools, spare fluids + grease, zip ties, fuses, roll of poly, headlamp, etc.

First Aid kit and some knowhow. A kit and some food if you get stranded out in the bush. X3 on the fire extinguisher.

I'd go through and grease everything you can get at. Cheap and easy. I know it's superficial, but a good pair of seat covers goes a long way, especially with the missus.

1st Aid kit, Zip Ties, Duct Tape, Shovel, extra Fuses, extra headlight bulb, tow strap (10k), full size spare tire, headlamp, another flashlight, and most importantly: an old crusty son of a b!tch that knows how to fix anything with a coat hanger, a tennis ball, some tape and a little elbow grease. Priceless.

1st Aid kit, Zip Ties, Duct Tape, Shovel, extra Fuses, extra headlight bulb, tow strap (10k), full size spare tire, headlamp, another flashlight, and most importantly: an old crusty son of a b!tch that knows how to fix anything with a coat hanger, a tennis ball, some tape and a little elbow grease. Priceless.

tennis ball:confused::confused::confused:

i have to ask b/c this site taught me what the 2penny trick is.... so i no longer take something as just a joke... :hillbilly:

Building a Proper tool kit and how to run Aux lights from roof rack to power source

Hello Everyone, new to the forum and just signed up, sorry if I am not following protocol.

This is a two part series question, the first is any rec's to building a tool box (like things I would not have thought of) for my Cruiser, btw she is an 84 FJ60 5 speed.

Also I really want to do a lot of work on Stella myself, I want to install Aux lights mounted to the roof rack 3 in front 2 on port and starboard and 2 in the rear. I'm wondering how to run the wires to the power source and if you have rec's to a power source, i.e. to the engine bay, or somewhere else?

Best regards,

zomBklr

I just got a FJ60 myself and I have to get it inspected this month. Fixing that exhaust leak I imagine will be one of my first upgrades...

Check open TSB's! I got a free gas tank out of it in April of 2013, I know they are still honoring this.

Quick question about vendors.

Has anyone ever purchased from Brandon_Cruiser_parts on Instagram? Curious if he is legit.

IMG_8639.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom