New Aluminum TEQ badges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm back from camping and the first huge wave of orders go out today. The rest of the orders that came in while I was gone will go out tomorrow and the ones that came in over the last two days will go out on Wednesday. Then I will be able to finally breath again.
Any chance you could make a vintage "T" Toyota badge?
s-l400.jpg

Any chance you could make a vintage "T" Toyota badge?
View attachment 1704723
That might be a possibility if the demand is there. Isn't that the badge they put on the early 80s pickup trucks? Making a single custom one-off piece is very expensive for me and the customer. If I can get 10 people who want one I can offer them at a decent price per piece.

I want one!

That might be a possibility if the demand is there. Isn't that the badge they put on the early 80s pickup trucks? Making a single custom one-off piece is very expensive for me and the customer. If I can get 10 people who want one I can offer them at a decent price per piece.
It's the badge for Toyota b4 the 90s. It was used in the 70s and 80s on most of their vehicles, possibly the 60s too. I can't believe nobody makes them. Here is a few more styles...
s-l400.jpg

Mainly just the T is the important part. I like the chrome ones but the first one is cool too cuz it could be different clors. I want one on the front grill of my 40 rather than the Toyota letters.
images.jpeg

I would think u would sell a ton, nobody makes them and they are really cool.

It's the badge for Toyota b4 the 90s. It was used in the 70s and 80s on most of their vehicles, possibly the 60s too. I can't believe nobody makes them. Here is a few more styles...
View attachment 1704855
Mainly just the T is the important part. I like the chrome ones but the first one is cool too cuz it could be different clors. I want one on the front grill of my 40 rather than the Toyota letters. View attachment 1704856
I would think u would sell a ton, nobody makes them and they are really cool.
I could probably make one that is more universal fit. It would simply have 3M adhesive on the backside to be attached to any flat surface. Trying to make one that mounts to specific grilles would over complicate things on my end. The user could figure out the best form of attachment. Would you still be interested if it looked like the original badge you posted with a flat backside covered in 3M adhesive?

I could probably make one that is more universal fit. It would simply have 3M adhesive on the backside to be attached to any flat surface. Trying to make one that mounts to specific grilles would over complicate things on my end. The user could figure out the best form of attachment. Would you still be interested if it looked like the original badge you posted with a flat backside covered in 3M adhesive?
I would but rather than 3m adhesive would probably just glue a zip tie on the back to attach it to my grill

I would but rather than 3m adhesive would probably just glue a zip tie on the back to attach it to my grill
I already make a backing plate for the fj40 grill for my TEQ badge. I could include the backing plate as an option for the fj40 guys. It would give a flat surface for the badge to attach to on the expanded metal grille.

I already make a backing plate for the fj40 grill for my TEQ badge. I could include the backing plate as an option for the fj40 guys. It would give a flat surface for the badge to attach to on the expanded metal grille.
If I got 10 people what would be the cost? Can u do chrome ones or aluminum instead of the chrome like the 2nd pic?

If I got 10 people what would be the cost? Can u do chrome ones or aluminum instead of the chrome like the 2nd pic?

I don't really deal with chrome. Everything I do is in aluminum. The outter silver edges would have a brushed aluminum look. Price will partially depend on how large the badge is. It would probably be in the $30 range each. That may go up or down a little bit depending on how big guys want the badge.

Last edited:
Is there an overall height that would be ideal? I know these were pretty small when they were mounted on the old grilles. In my head something in the 3"-4" height seems about right.

I had a little free time during lunch so I cranked this design out on my laptop. It's got a slot on the back for some 3M adhesive. I also added some 4/40 threaded holes on the back to give more options for attachment. If there is interest in this I will make a batch. If there is any thoughts/feedback/suggestions then I'm fully open to that. This was just a rough idea.
Capture5.JPG
Capture6.JPG
Capture7.JPG
Capture8.JPG

That looks killer man. The biggest I can fit on my grill is 2.25" wide. Height is no problem and I have plenty of room for height. How do you lay down the color and could you do different colors? I kinda like the idea of cygnus white like they do fj40 emblems. Its white with a very slight yellowish tint. Or I can just do the color myself if you leave it bare aluminum.

Last edited:
That looks killer man. The biggest I can fit on my grill is 2.25" wide. Height is no problem and I have plenty of room for height. How do you lay down the color and could you do different colors? I kinda like the idea of cygnus white like they do fj40 emblems. Its white with a very slight yellowish tint. Or I can just do the color myself if you leave it bare aluminum.
Right now it's 3.1" wide x 3.6" tall. I can scale it down if needed. What I need to know is the most common application for this badge and if there is interest for it. Maybe someone can start a thread in one of the forums that might be interested in this. They are welcome to use the pics I posted. In regards to paint I use a little template jig that clips onto the badge and blocks out everything that I don't want that color to go. Here's one of the jigs that would be used for this badge.
Capture9.JPG

Would you make a diesel batch for us who own diesel trucks.
Maybe a replica of the one on the front of the grill on the land cruiser 70 series!.

Would you make a diesel batch for us who own diesel trucks.
Maybe a replica of the one on the front of the grill on the land cruiser 70 series!.
What does the diesel badge look like?

I went ahead and 3D printed rough prototypes on the small 2.25 inch wide badge and the larger 4 inch wide badge. The small badge looks super small. I was shocked at how tiny it actually was. It wasn't even wide enough to attach a strip of adhesive on the back. The 4 inch wide by 5 inch tall badge looks huge. It seemed too large for most applications. I think the best option is to go with the 3.25 by 4 in tall badge. That seems like a more Universal size for a lot of different applications. I also made another badge with the same dimensions and the other style. Here's a couple pictures of that CAD design.
capture 10.JPG
Capture11.JPG

Btw, I personally like the look of this last badge the most. It's a slightly more modern look to a 70s-80s era design. At this point I'm thinking of making a large batch of both badges. Whichever one becomes the better seller then I will continue to release batches of it. The less popular one will cease production.
Here's a shot of the backside of the 2nd design.
Capture12.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom