New 80 Series Tailgate Storage option from Notch @ Back Bay Customs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got it. Thanks for the order!

Anyone else can get in on this deal before tomorrow night.

Some camping shots from this weekend.

20170618_121156.jpg

20170618_134102.jpg

20170617_142825.jpg

20170618_132802.jpg

Things are moving on these. I have the edge profile finalized and the lift strut located and working great with a fabricated lower bracket and a welded tab on the lid. Both powdercoat colors are picked out. I have boxes of hinges, latches and hardware ready to go. Waiting on the laser cutter is the hard part. They are good at what they do so they are busy.

We had a great camping trip last weekend in Western Maine. The prototype storage lid got a lot of use. It's so sweet to have access to it without unpacking. The climb up to the "site" was really loose gravel with some mini-fridge size rocks mixed in. I had to winch over a rock at one point and when I had to open the lid to get a shackle it was obvious that a lift strut is really nice to have when you are parked nose up.

View attachment 1332862

View attachment 1332864

View attachment 1332869
Damn brother I gotta come up to your shop and bring the green monstah with me

Sure thing. Your truck looks awesome!

@cruiserhound came by the other day and we installed his panel. This one is done in Monstaliner and the color looks great with his interior.
20170713_113045.jpg

We also welded up and metalfinished the holes from his roofrack. The outside is protected with Axalta epoxy primer for now.
20170630_145028.jpg
20170630_144816.jpg

Sure thing. Your truck looks awesome!

@cruiserhound came by the other day and we installed his panel. This one is done in Monstaliner and the color looks great with his interior.
View attachment 1497077
We also welded up and metalfinished the holes from his roofrack. The outside is protected with Axalta epoxy primer for now.
View attachment 1497080 View attachment 1497081
I have a wagon gear lid in place now, but Im gonna pull it and swap tp yours the wagon gear tends to mishape if let out in 70 degree plus heat to the point you cant close it. plus I really want desert tan or OD green

I have a wagon gear lid in place now, but Im gonna pull it and swap tp yours the wagon gear tends to mishape if let out in 70 degree plus heat to the point you cant close it. plus I really want desert tan or OD green
Cool, want to try a Monstalined one in tan? I'll do one and put up some pictures if you have any interest in seeing that. No commitment to buy if you decide you would rather have something else.

whats the depth or opening dimensions

sure Im 99% Im swapping out anyway, tan or OD green if doable. I found the wagon gear opening and latch style do allow for much to go into it.

Last edited:
whats the depth or opening dimensions

The minimum cut out dimensions are 48 15/16" X 10 9/16" the actual opening is about 1/8" smaller in each dimension.

View attachment 1497151 View attachment 1497148 Wanted to say thank you for a great product and by the way Instal instructions are good to go for anyone with limited wrenching skills. I f you could post a video on YouTube it would make it even easier. Thanks. Again!

Thanks for review! It looks like you're putting it to good use already.

The minimum cut out dimensions are 48 15/16" X 10 9/16" the actual opening is about 1/8" smaller in each dimension.

Thanks for review! It looks like you're putting it to good use already.
No worries I have 3 channels on youtube Ill post up when I swap out the wagon gear for this unit

View attachment 1497151 View attachment 1497148 Wanted to say thank you for a great product and by the way Instal instructions are good to go for anyone with limited wrenching skills. I f you could post a video on YouTube it would make it even easier. Thanks. Again!
Love the lining in there. Looks clean. What is it, please? I got my cover a few weeks ago (thanks Adam via A+ Japanese Auto Repair) and enjoying it. Adding a lot of utility.

Love the lining in there. Looks clean. What is it, please? I got my cover a few weeks ago (thanks Adam via A+ Japanese Auto Repair) and enjoying it. Adding a lot of utility.
I primed and painted, then wrapped it with a mat. It was a great project.

uxcell 236mil 16.36sqft Car Door Hood Tailgate Floor Heat Sound Deadener Mat 60" x 40"Powe... Amazon.com: uxcell 236mil 16.36sqft Car Door Hood Tailgate Floor Heat Sound Deadener Mat 60" x 40"Powerful Backed Self-adhesive Fire Retardant: Automotive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom