New 80 Series Tailgate Storage option from Notch @ Back Bay Customs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So Much WANT!.
Would you guys ship to aus? if so how much roughly?
The shipping cost to Australia is more than the price of the panel unfortunately. The last one I checked was to Perth and UPS wanted over $1000!

Beautiful piece. Any chance of building them pre-carpeted? (Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread ... browsing on my phone waiting for a meeting to start!).

Beautiful piece. Any chance of building them pre-carpeted? (Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread ... browsing on my phone waiting for a meeting to start!).

Sure, I can carpet one for you. Let me see what I can get for a good quality carpet and I'll try it out on mine first. Shoot me an e-mail at backbaycustomsinfo@gmail.com and we can continue the conversation there. If it works out I will offer it as an option. Thanks!

I'm making progress on the kits today. Hoping to get all the preorders on the UPS truck Saturday or Monday.

20170119_104415.jpg

Can I please get packed weight and dimensions ? I'm in Australia too but have freight contacts who can help me if I have W&D info, would so much like to have this down under !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just ordered one, looking forward to getting it installed!

Cool, thanks!

Can I please get packed weight and dimensions ? I'm in Australia too but have freight contacts who can help me if I have W&D info, would so much like to have this down under !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure. They are 60" X 8 X 20 and 26 lbs. I bet if we found a few more guys near you that wanted one, the shipping rate could be much less per unit.

ooo, Lets see if ALX4X4 has the hookup with shipping!

So d I check a price for 2 Scottbonnar ? I'm in Melb outer east, where are you ?
ooo, Lets see if ALX4X4 has the hookup with shipping!

Cool, thanks!

Sure. They are 60" X 8 X 20 and 26 lbs. I bet if we found a few more guys near you that wanted one, the shipping rate could be much less per unit.
Thanks Notch, where would we be picking these up from please ?

Thanks Notch, where would we be picking these up from please ?

They ship from Portland, Maine 04103.
I can fit two kits in one box if that helps. I can get a weight on this packing configuration in the morning. Probably around 46 lbs.

So d I check a price for 2 Scottbonnar ? I'm in Melb outer east, where are you ?

Yeah, be good to atleast find out a price. Im in sydney but...

I've sent it off to a forwarder that does a lot of work for us, lets see how we go, I've estimated 46lbs and used the box dimensions from Notch, I'm sure we could get one from Mel to Syd fairly cheaply lets see how this pans out :

Hi XXXXXX,

Looking at a personal import here for yours truly, so it’s on my dime as they say.

Looking for ‘cheapest way possible’, time is not as issue on this one.

I’ve got a box of new auto parts, approx. dimensions are 60”x8”x20”, so it’s a long flat box, weight will be around 46lbs/20kg. USD value is just under $1,200.

It’s an aftermarket ‘lid’ that converts your tailgate to a lockable enclosure, 2 pcs in the box. One for me, one for a friend.

Roughly, what would my costs be on top of purchase price to get this to Mel please ?

Thank you !

@ALX4X4 That will be really cool if you guys can work out a deal to get a couple lids to Aus. Maybe you could work with a local shop to import more? I get a lot of comments from interested Cruiser fans from your country on instagram...

Back on the North American continent. Six went out today and I'll have some more going Wednesday.

20170123_150805.jpg

@ALX4X4 That will be really cool if you guys can work out a deal to get a couple lids to Aus. Maybe you could work with a local shop to import more? I get a lot of comments from interested Cruiser fans from your country on instagram...

Back on the North American continent. Six went out today and I'll have some more going Wednesday.

View attachment 1387599
Wish that UPS man could lose one or two in my direction LOL

My request is working its way up the chain. Looks like air-freight is the cheapest method due to low weight and low CBM

Hello XXX

Can you please look into the below request from Alex @ XXXXr regarding the best price to move cargo airfreight to Melbourne from Portland USA.

... regarding the best price to move cargo airfreight to Melbourne from Portland USA.

Make sure they get they get the correct city. I'm in Portland, Maine and there is one in Oregon, both are in the USA but 3000mi/4800km apart.

I have a few other things I need/want to do to my cruiser first, but these are definitely on my must have list. They really turned out well!

And when carpeted.....oh man......!

I have a few other things I need/want to do to my cruiser first, but these are definitely on my must have list. They really turned out well!

And when carpeted.....oh man......!

Thanks man!

I have some carpet on the way and a few ideas on installing it. I'll post up pictures once I get it and start cutting.

I got the carpet in but it's really not the quality I want to use. I'm working on finding something better. There are still plenty of powdercoated panels ready to ship though.

My girlfriend and I took the 80 up to the mountains yesterday to do some shooting. It was pretty cold and spitting snow but we had a great time enjoying the scenery. None of the trails had been broken so there wasn't any real wheeling to be had but the maintained logging roads reach pretty far into the wilderness.

20170204_131149.jpg
20170204_115106.jpg

These are beautiful. Well engineered and manufactured.

I'm curious why you wnet with tan instead of more of a chocolate brown to match the lower panels/carpet. I think that might look more "factory" - kind of like the one with the original carpet cut to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom