New 78 Flywheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a brand new clutch fail
When mechanic okay’d a machined that was a crp job. 90 miles grinded the clutch to death. He will only use a new one now. Lol. Go figure. Clutch kit no on warranty for mechanic’s poor judgment.

pics?
never seen that before
guy in Pakistan had a new OEM flywheel, can't remember his mud name

my WAG is something else was wrong, the clutch should be "locked" to the flywheel and spin as a unit unless the clutch pedal is depressed.
the only way to cause the issue you say would be to have the flywheel spinning at different speed than the clutch disc/trans input

Im sure that there is a limit to how many times they can ground, but its more than one or two times.

20220325_163737.jpg

Had a brand new clutch fail
When mechanic okay’d a machined that was a crp job. 90 miles grinded the clutch to death. He will only use a new one now. Lol. Go figure. Clutch kit no on warranty for mechanic’s poor judgment.
Ok. Let’s walk this through. ”Clutch“ failure in 90 miles “grinded to death” sounds like flywheel bolts on disc to me. So your mechanics ’theory’ is that the resurfaced flywheel had so much material taken off that the flywheel bolt heads hit a properly installed disc.

There is a 99.97% chance (same odds as Covid😛) that he just installed the disc backwards. It happens. Expensive mistake you should not have to pay for.

Last edited:
Ok. Let’s walk this through. ”Clutch“ failure in 90 miles “grinded to death” sounds like flywheel bolts on disc to me. So your mechanics ’theory’ is that the resurfaced flywheel had so much material taken off that the flywheel bolt heads hit a properly installed disc.

There is a 99.97% chance (same odds as Covid😛) that he just installed the disc backwards. It happens. Expensive mistake you should not have to pay for.
All good. Over machined. New properly machined that still has step works like a gem. First mechanic bought new clutch kit and paid for labor. And now I have a better mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom