New 66 fj45lv (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steamboat has a NAPA?

(it was 1974 when I left)

Yep and they’re a lifesaver at times. Just pulled starter so hopefully they have replacement

Took a little more work then I thought it would but the starter has been changed out. Original numbers off starter revealed it was obsolete and would require special order unless I could figure out what year engine I had. Searched and found the stamp on block and was able to get replacement starter.
Swapping the starter was pretty good PIA. Fit snugly between things with driveshaft in the way. Harder then hell to hold it and get bolts restarted but finally got it done with me holding place and the wife threading the bolts.
No aftermarket temperature gauges in town so tomorrow evening taking Ohm meter to the current VDO gauge and see if I can track down the issue. The needle is swung to the far right so hopefully just a grounding issue.
I had to drive the LV again after replacing the starter. Thinking the clutch needs a little adjusting but it worked little more driving and hope its nothing more then that. I am still amazed at the power it has and how capable it would be with a 5 speed!!
Reviewing seat belts now, really need those in place!
Read a few thread on an incredible LV build (thanks @JLawson) and learned a ton along with several ideas. Definitely looking forward to working on her some more!!

Yes, you do lose some authenticity with a drivetrain swap, but a bit of extra HP, torque and a fifth gear or overdrive substantially add to the drivability which translates into usability, range away from home and time behind the wheel. This was my particular goal so it was a good decision for me. Already put over 8000 miles on mine. I have towed trailers and cruised 70mph on the highway for multiple hours without worrying that the engine or trans was about to throw a bearing or about being too slow or whether I could keep my speed up the hill with the trailer. Build it for what you want to use it for. I am done.... :deadhorse:

Nice weather today so took advantage of opportunity to get LV out. Days limited to get to do this here in Colorado.
Swapped the BJ45 Troopy after enjoying some county roads chugging along at 20mph.
2E2FDEFE-70F2-4D62-9549-654DD016316E.jpeg
643BA425-0477-4DA5-8C67-3596C333553F.jpeg
D9AE4816-8910-4DDE-B202-CA32FCFA1D77.jpeg
643BA425-0477-4DA5-8C67-3596C333553F.jpeg

Uggh Mike, sorry I literally just sat down from swapping it again and it’s in someone’s heated garage I get to use to store it.
I’ll try and get that soon for you!

Uggh Mike, sorry I literally just sat down from swapping it again and it’s in someone’s heated garage I get to use to store it.
I’ll try and get that soon for you!

No worries and no hurry. It’s such a great truck it must be difficult not to drive it every day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom