New 1/2 tub from EBI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever use a 1/2 tub from ebi in bc?

I have heard mixed reviews but nobody has followed up about the issues. I heard they may be made in columbia.

For a 1/2 tub its half the price as aqualu. Just looking at options for canadian guys!

Last edited:
This is a option I thought about. The reason I decided to go aqualu rather than a steel original copy is this: The original fj40 body design has lot of crevices where corrosive material can sneak into and cause rust. The support channels under the body for example, the roll bar supports, and the rear sill design all make it pretty difficult to thoroughly wash out ice road melt solutions. I believe that aqualu has eliminated these channels for the most part. But I think if u really want to stick with steel, I've heard ebi is a great company, and I imagine those tubs are fairly legit. I haven't heard negative feedback about them. Only good.

Doesn't appear to be a lot of pictures or info on their website.

No there is zero info. I was messaged by a guy who said he had to do a bit of work to make it work. Not really sure what he meant as he did not eleaborate. i agree aqualu is the way to go but for 1/2 the price its an option. i posted up on some of the B.C clubhouses and got no response.

EBI is getting their sheet metal from Autoparts Zarate in Columbia. I spoke with them when I needed a windshield frame. They were having "fitment" issues at that time with the windshield frames and doors. But that was almost 2 years ago Brett.

Fit issues are always an issue from Columbian and Costa Rican stuff ... the issues plagued Paul for quite some time before ccot cut him out... however they still were calling them "Pilgrim's Superior" tubs :meh: ... they had the same issues until they went to his original Costa Rica supplier afaik

Imho ... You will always find issues here and there from any South American manufacturers ... even Toyota Do Brasil has had issues continually with the steel manufacturering

I have heard EBI rockers don't fit well, i am skeptical about a half tub. Have you looked into that Land Cruiser Heaven guy? he has good pics and stuff, not sure on the shipping though. How bad is your tub? I am in Canada and didn't want to go aluminum myself and did not want to wait or pay for a half tub that maybe require tons of work so i made all my panels and built my own. Could be an option if your handy.

I believe LC heaven uses the same supplier. BTW the aluminum tubs have their fare share of fitment issues as well. A friend here built an all aluminum 40 (complete tub and fenders) and had trouble getting the steel hard top sides to fit. The tub was bowed out at the top edge and straps had to be used to "align" the tub. No supplier is perfect. I have heard complaints on just about all of them.

I believe there material of choice is stainless steel. I have not heard of any issues with their products. But they are French made so there will be a good deal of money invested in shipping for their products. It could also account for low market presence here in the states.

Yes they are huge money. This is for a budget build i have in the works. I may have a line on a good donor tub pretty close to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom