Never really liked the high-roofline body - Until now! (1 Viewer)

Spike Strip

Just Soup for my Family
SILVER Star
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/toyota/land-cruiser/2207038.html

Is that a stock 3F?

What Country would have gotten LHD FJ62 in that configuration?

65263909-770-0@2X.png

Spike Strip

Just Soup for my Family
SILVER Star
Yeah, I bet it's SA (since it's in FL), or Middle East. Whatever, it's nice - and expensive! Love the color and graphics.

How is this a 1986 FJ62 ? They didn't exist in 1986.

Also, look at the engine bay.

For $165k, I would expect they would be a little more specific about the vehicle.

65263937-770-0@2X.png

Spike Strip

Just Soup for my Family
SILVER Star
For many parts of the world, the 62 was introduced in 1984 with a 3F engine. Good 'ol Toyota kept what we in USA got (2F) manual windows, etc until 1987.

It's not a USA-spec vehicle. But I guess my technical question is the High-Roofline I thought only came with the 61 with a 12HT engine ?

Yeah, I always thought the HJs got the high roof (and definitely not US-spec).

I have an 89 - and it does not have any power windows. I didn't realize there was a non-power window option in 89.

Hey guys, this is indeed our build.

It is a stock 3f powered 1986 fj62 high-roof. Very unique truck. (Yes, 62 with round headlights)

I’m glad y’all like it!

So.. I have looked at the interior shots of that rig. Did you happen to source the headliner to body panel “covers” that are on the C & D pillars. Or just clean up the stock ones?

I really like the bare interior look and would like to replicate that in my build.

The FJ Company

www.fj.co
Supporting Vendor
So.. I have looked at the interior shots of that rig. Did you happen to source the headliner to body panel “covers” that are on the C & D pillars. Or just clean up the stock ones?

I really like the bare interior look and would like to replicate that in my build.

We used original components for this build, headliner was done in-house. But the pillar covers you mention are good quality originals.

Spike Strip

Just Soup for my Family
SILVER Star
@The FJ Company

To me, you've managed to make the 60-series wagon muscular AND sexy - on par with any of your 40-series builds. Truly the nicest 60-series I've ever seen.

Bravo!

:clap:

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
For many parts of the world, the 62 was introduced in 1984 with a 3F engine. Good 'ol Toyota kept what we in USA got (2F) manual windows, etc until 1987.

It's not a USA-spec vehicle. But I guess my technical question is the High-Roofline I thought only came with the 61 with a 12HT engine ?
Hey guys, this is indeed our build.

It is a stock 3f powered 1986 fj62 high-roof. Very unique truck. (Yes, 62 with round headlights)

I’m glad y’all like it!

Like a year ago I was grazing ebay's Advance Search Feature one night with plenty of Ice Cold ones in hand going on , & stumbled across this

i could not believe my eyes , after a few minutes of the thought Mis-print - Re-print , I Buy'd It Now like something fierce , the ad was vaqgue

and so was the 1 simple photograph , i paid like $20 if i recall , so it was worth it .maybe

after all who would make a fake toyota manual like a 3F ?

i was mailed from here in the lower 48 , but i think its a AUsSiE spec. market manual , or a global spec one that came from the AU ?

Spike Strip in On IT with his facts and stuff as usual !

My question for Juan & the FJ Company is : Do u folks have a Vintage Original Factory Print Media Library on premises that your Technicians

and other employees involved in a Complex build such as this one can use & reference for factual first hand Tech. DATA Spec's etc.

or

Do u strictly rely on the Internet ?

- Do u have and use the 1970's -early 2000's Toyota Microfiche system & Projector by any chance ?

Thanks for your time Juan

Kindly matt ...........

images999999999999999999999999.jpeg
:poof:

DSCN9292.JPG
DSCN9294.JPG
DSCN9295.JPG

Its incredible, and sad at the same time.

I'd love to have a vehicle like that, but we all know it will likely never see a road again, let alone dirt. No sane person would pay $165k and use it...but...there are some people that have more money than sense!

I do like that color!

ZGMikey

SILVER Star
The attention to detail on almost the entire car is stunning. But I can't get over how the new upholstery and door covers totally clash with the dash. And oh yeah... the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom