Need one shoulder harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I relocated the pivot for the shoulder harnesses in my 40 from the (removable) hardtop sides to brackets that era welded into the rollcage. When it came time to re-install the shoulder harnesses one of them would not pull out. they are of course retractable and for whatever reason one is unusable. the other one went back in without incident.

been looking to buy a replacement and can only find sets. Don't want to spend the $$$ for a set and am wondering if anyone on the list here might have one for me? let me know- currently the passenger seat in the 40 has no seat belt! Thanks, Gary

I wish I did, Gary. Have you tried shaking the current one around and trying to get it at the correct angle to release? As you know, they are fairly sensitive to orientation.

Mike thanks for the tip but this one is not releasing. They have to be pretty much plumb to release and you're right that means they have to be oriented correctly when mounted. this ones just being persnickety. In the meantime after going through ALL my milk crates I found a new set and mounted them today. All is well!!!

Sorry to hear that Gary All I have are 60 series. And lap belts.

I like a challenge. I'll gladly relieve you of that troublesome one, if you don't have a need for it. :hillbilly:
I'll bring it to coal mine for you. I look at it as a rubik's cube sort of challenge. The covers are riveted on making the innards not particularly accessible. It worked fine prior to removal for relocation.

Good thing @Crusha likes to live dangerously!

You ain't kidding. Due to issues with my '93, I was shotgunning in Gary's 40 at Anthracite...with no seatbelt, or padding on the roll bar. There were a few times I came close to knocking my noggin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom