Need New Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To make a long story short I need to replace my entire exhaust from the cats on back. I'm open for any suggestions. I do have a duel cat set up. I need to find the parts as far as catalytic converters, the Y pipe coming off the cats and the oxygen censor flanges.

Tons of suggestions already here

Do you have inspections to deal with?

Id get a magnaflow y pipe with cat and take to mom n pop place and tell them where you want it routed and how you want the sound and let them do their thing.

Slee may have o2 flanges. LCengineering is where i got mine.

I have used OEM, Bosal and Magnaflow. I would absolutely recommend magnaflow for the cats/y-pipe. As good or better than OEM. Bosal required major modification to fit--crap parts. As for the rest of it, it's just tubes and mufflers, so whatever floats your boat. If you've got a good exhaust shop in town, I'd start there.

Do you have inspections to deal with?
No, this pass year I got my small sign to display in my windshield that states my vehicle does not need to be inspected any longer. Nice!

I have what Toyota calls a 3 way Cat exhaust. Do I need to stick with this or can I switch to a single Cat? Is one better than the other?

I dont know jersey laws but if no inspection required then i see no reason not to switch. One new cat probably cleans better than 2 20yr old cats. The only thing it stands to fail is if you had strict visuals requiring oem equivilant routing/pieces which sounds like you dont.

I dont know jersey laws but if no inspection required then i see no reason not to switch. One new cat probably cleans better than 2 20yr old cats. The only thing it stands to fail is if you had strict visuals requiring oem equivilant routing/pieces which sounds like you dont.
But then I have the 2 OE sensors to deal with.

One before cat. One after. Same setup.

Buy all the parts. Take to local independant shop. Or maybe find them and ask what they offer

Bring:
Magnaflow y pipe and cat (has o2 bung)
New oem manifold to y pipe gasket (2)
Vibrant flange if you dont want welded
O2 bung (see post 2) for post cat
New o2 hardware (nuts/gasket)
Muffler of choice (can use shop option)
Resonator if desired (can use shop option)

If your getting PM horny add two new o2 sensors

If ya want custom and removable add v band flanges and clamps.

If this is for the OP's 94, it has two side by side cats, not inline like 95-97. He can skip the cats and put the sensors in the system up next to the air cleaner.

Modern cats are mostly all 3 way cats. you can run one unit and it will do the work of the two OEM's if you still need a cat/s.

What about the heat shields? My passenger floor side gets really hot, especially in the summer.

If this is for the OP's 94, it has two side by side cats, not inline like 95-97. He can skip the cats and put the sensors in the system up next to the air cleaner.

Modern cats are mostly all 3 way cats. you can run one unit and it will do the work of the two OEM's if you still need a cat/s.

Is there any documentation for this setup, I would like to know more? I need to replace my cats/y-pipe but I already replaced my muffler.

Some cats have built-in heat shields (the magnaflows do), bosal do not. There are still heat shields attached to the bottom side of the truck, so it's not 100% critical. I don't think my passenger noticed any difference in heat through the floor when I changed cats.

Some cats have built-in heat shields (the magnaflows do), bosal do not. There are still heat shields attached to the bottom side of the truck, so it's not 100% critical. I don't think my passenger noticed any difference in heat through the floor when I changed cats.
That would be nice because the floor over the cats gets very hot not to mention heats up the cab.

Is there much difference with the resonators and should I go with the cheaper one? Bosal

IMG_4401.JPG
IMG_4400.JPG
My 94 o2s in manifold, no pair system no egr, one vacuum line for fpr no switches, charcoal canister vapes to atmosphere out the bottom front fender

Is there much difference with the resonators and should I go with the cheaper one? Bosal
The Bosal resonator IS NOT A RESONATOR. It is just a larger section of pipe they put there to make it look like they did something. Same concept as a dummy cat--it's just an empty pipe. Does NOTHING to reduce noise.

Have to give CARID a plug. Lucky for me they're in NJ and their policy is to match any price. So, they got me a discount of $30 to match Amazon's price which brought the price down more plus they gave me free shipping too. Have to like that! :)

On a separate note, Thanks y'all for all the help.

The new exhaust system has been installed and it's nice to have that power back again. I thought the MagnaFlow cats with their heat shields would be much cooler in my cabin, not so, still gets hot inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom