Need Help with Part Number 89456-30010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
jumeirahparts.com
Quite a while ago I stumbled across a sensor hanging by the wire in my engine bay, after a quick search on the web I realised it was a Door position sensor so i unplugged it and stored it in the car for a while so i'd have one less thing dangling in my engine bay
icon_e_biggrin.gif
Today I decided to research that part number on toyodiy.com and it turns out it's a sensor for the EFI
In short I need to know what this sensor is and how to mount it back in since the mount is broken, this part came on many Toyota's including the UZJ 100 so I'd be grateful if anyone could provide me with a picture of the mount that it's attached to.

IMAG0880.jpg

Are these fitted only to UAE spec, I dont think I have one, I think mine is just closed loop with no adjustment for mixture.

If you read the link above on the corolla that @Trunk Monkey put up, it says it is for air/fuel mixture adjustment. But it isn't anything I know about so don't take my word on that.
Well regardless of what it's for my main concern at the moment is just to figure out how it's mounted (if it even matters) and make a custom mount for it.

The reason I questioned it was I couldn't find one fitted on my truck or a mention in the FSM. If I had one fitted I would of posted a picture for you. I can't see any harm cable tying it to the harness or another bracket that is fitted close by. Maybe someone else can find it and post a picture..

I have a UZJ in GCC spec. I can look in my engine bay. Whereabouts was the sensor hanging by a wire?

I'll check tomorrow. A lot of the lighter sensors are not bolted down but "clicked" in with one of those plastic expanding clips you push into a hole in the body. If it fails, the engine bay is roomy enough to let it rattle out and fall under the car at some point.

So, the other part is still bolted on the truck and you don't know where the sensor mounts? Seems like it would go where the broken piece is . . .

I'll check tomorrow. A lot of the lighter sensors are not bolted down but "clicked" in with one of those plastic expanding clips you push into a hole in the body. If it fails, the engine bay is roomy enough to let it rattle out and fall under the car at some point.

I will try to take pictures of the mount tomorrow and I guess I'll just cable tie it for now

I checked for you, I don't have it on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom