Need Guidance - Uneven Front Droop on Factory AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

I picked up an LX470 earlier this year, and was jacking up the front to remove the wheel. I noticed that my passenger wheel was off the ground, but the driver side was still planted. I am still running factory AHC without any issues. I did not measure it, but I would say the different was between 1 - 1.5". Is this droop difference normal? Any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Ton

Front Pass - Front View.jpg
Front driver - Front View.jpg

What are fender to center of hub measurements?

Last edited:
What are fender to center of hub measurements?
I will get the measurement later today / tomorrow. Do you know what the lengths should be? Thank you.

Jack perfectly centered?
It was centered, but not sure about 'perfectly'. I will make sure its centered when I do the measurements. Thank you.

Cruisers are heavier on the left, and the left coil spring "deflates" faster. So, when jacking center front, the rear left sags more, lifting the front right.
Some 100s have a longer coil on the left to compensate, while others don't. Rear coils have a life span of only around 5 years anyhow, before they are measurable lower, so you can put in the best coils for your application and use. If stock, get purple on right and brown on left, instead of pink on both sides which is standard for LX470.

Clip from old thread:
There are at least 3 different rear coil springs available for trucks with ahc. Here are two, which are in addition to the standard for the LX, wich has a pink marking. These two are speciefied for the LC, but can be used on the LX just as well:
48231-6A770 W(ACTIVE HEIGHT CONTROL); H=485, PURPLE PAINTED
48231-6A780 W(ACTIVE HEIGHT CONTROL); H=500, BROWN PAINTED
Even with the brown springs fitted, it's easy to oveload the ahc.
Then there's also the King's Springs.
All this is covered better in other threads in here.

Last edited:
I will get the measurement later today / tomorrow. Do you know what the lengths should be? Thank you.
Just jack up the front until both wheels leave the ground and measure to see if they are the same. You're set up for an optical illusion in those pics. The rear springs, concrete height, etc can dictate what you are seeing in the front.

Just jack up the front until both wheels leave the ground and measure to see if they are the same. You're set up for an optical illusion in those pics. The rear springs, concrete height, etc can dictate what you are seeing in the front.

WOW. Talk about an optical illusion. I centered the jack and started lifting. I noticed the passenger side started to go up first, but the bumper was still leveled.
After both wheels were off the ground, I measured from the fender to the wheel hub and both were about 24" (Probably less, since my tires poke out). The driver side may have been a smidge shorter (less than 1/4").

When I looked at the tire clearance from the driveway, the passenger side was like 5" and 2" on the driver side. I guess the combination of the slight slope and the driveway made my droop look very different.

@hoser, @GTV, and @uHu - thank you for helping out a noob here. I really do appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom