Need e brake cable for 1978 Toyota flatbed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello,I have had my 1978 for 20 years and the cable from the emergency brake handle to the " yoke" broke... Its 42 inches long ....Help ! no one has a replacement..thanks

It might be a long shot but have you called the local toyota dealer? Would you be able to post pictures up of how it connects?

And why don't you give these guys a call? If they're reasonably priced have them make 2 or 3 so you have spares?

Bruin Brake Cables

Hmmm , I was just thinking about that . It has little 1/4” “barrels “ on the ends . Thanks !

No problem, let us know how it goes!

Also post up some pictures of your rig so we can see what you're working on.

And why don't you give these guys a call? If they're reasonably priced have them make 2 or 3 so you have spares?

Bruin Brake Cables
I had a feeling somebody out there made cables. I was going to suggest your local NAPA. No, they won't have it, but some of those folks have been around the block a time or two and they could tell you where to have one made. They have bailed me out a time or two.

[digression]
We had a 1939 Farmall tractor at work. I had a leaky steering shaft. I walked into my local NAPA with the old seal, and bearing. The fella looked at them, said blah, blah, blah … I'll be right back. Didn't crack a book. Didn't type on the computer. He just went into the back and pulled out the correct parts. Some of those guys are amazing. If you find one, make friends.
[/digression]

I had a feeling somebody out there made cables. I was going to suggest your local NAPA. No, they won't have it, but some of those folks have been around the block a time or two and they could tell you where to have one made. They have bailed me out a time or two.

[digression]
We had a 1939 Farmall tractor at work. I had a leaky steering shaft. I walked into my local NAPA with the old seal, and bearing. The fella looked at them, said blah, blah, blah … I'll be right back. Didn't crack a book. Didn't type on the computer. He just went into the back and pulled out the correct parts. Some of those guys are amazing. If you find one, make friends.
[/digression]
I tried fir a few days , got one from o’ Riley’s . I’m a NAPA guy for 45 years but they said no good . You know 40 years ago I went to a Napa n NorthBend , Washington. Tiny town at the time . I need a set of points for s 1953 Studebaker. He too just went out back and came back with a little dust covered box . Kinda ran his finger through the dust “ hell, I should just give these to you ...But I won’t.. we all had a good laugh. Paid $3.95 and carried on with out trip . Them
Old guys .. they know there stuff 👍🏼 Thanks again for the lead . I have sent them s note

I tried fir a few days , got one from o’ Riley’s . I’m a NAPA guy for 45 years but they said no good . You know 40 years ago I went to a Napa n NorthBend , Washington. Tiny town at the time . I need a set of points for s 1953 Studebaker. He too just went out back and came back with a little dust covered box . Kinda ran his finger through the dust “ hell, I should just give these to you ...But I won’t.. we all had a good laugh. Paid $3.95 and carried on with out trip . Them
Old guys .. they know there stuff 👍🏼 Thanks again for the lead . I have sent them s note
The one from Riley’s didn’t fit ..

The one from Riley’s didn’t fit ..
DF8A1EE7-4C5C-41F7-B797-24DBE67E9EA2.jpeg
j

It might be a long shot but have you called the local toyota dealer? Would you be able to post pictures up of how it connects?
The local Toyota dealer just shrugged.. not available.. I do remember the day when they actually had old parts . Can’t take up any space for “that old stuff”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom