Need a cab for my 89 mini (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

60s is probably my favorite era of rock. Zep, the doors, dylan, skynrd, etc. Not sure what happened in the 70s. I think there was to much acid going around hence Flyod and The who. I am not a kiss fan and the stones are ok. I like Floyd and the Who alot more than Kiss. Cooper was good too. My favorite from this era would probably be Aerosmith. Black sabbath wasnt bad either. Thanks to cocaine the 80s gave us the hairbands creating a better era for music. 90s was good too but some of the s*** was depressing hence the grunge image. I rememeber when metallica was considered heavy metal. Im still trying to figure out how I was able to watch Beavis and Butthead for 30 minutes at time. I was absent from 2000-2004. That was an R&B era for me since it was preferred by rich college girls. There is nothing more slutty than a rich college white girl especially the ones with daddy issues. So I conformed for a while.

So to sum up - Steffy was a slutty rich girl with daddy issues, then he conformed for a while and now he likes classic rock like everybody else.

Aerosmith sucks chode

Most 70's big rock bands had ONE good album and that was it.....Aerosmith, Boston, Kansas, Styx, Foreigner and every album after their first albums just sucked. I'm sure there are more but those were the ones I listened to while in high school.

You guys are old.

Will you still love me when I'm in my hanging out with Ravi Shankar phase?

Ok. So here's the new plan
While I'm changing the cab, I figure I might as well pull the bed too
Then I can clean up the frame & paint it.
May as well fix the one rust spot on the bed
With the cab off it will be easy to pull the engine & reseal it to cure the oil leak
May as well put in a new timing set at that time also
Looks like I'm gonna do a 1" body lift when I put it back on
fenders are cheap, so I think I will put new front fenders on it

That oughta bout do this truck for several more years

Still need a drivers door, anyone?

Ok. So here's the new plan
While I'm changing the cab, I figure I might as well pull the bed too
Then I can clean up the frame & paint it.
May as well fix the one rust spot on the bed
With the cab off it will be easy to pull the engine & reseal it to cure the oil leak
May as well put in a new timing set at that time also
Looks like I'm gonna do a 1" body lift when I put it back on
fenders are cheap, so I think I will put new front fenders on it

That oughta bout do this truck for several more years

Still need a drivers door, anyone?

Tony, I might have a drivers door. I'll go in the attic and see what side it is. I'm pretty sure I have a PS fender also. Scott

For a 3rd gen PU? How did you end up with those?

Oh... it's not for the 89 (or 88) in his sig line?

Its the 89, 89 is 3rd gen in PU land. 1st gen in 4runner land. PU made the switch to the newer body a year before the 4runners.

Yes, John, that is correct

I know that you know that it is correct

I was just letting you know that I know that you know it is correct

Thanks anyway Scott

If we all keep looking, we're bound to find one

Got the doghouse off, bumpers off, bed ready to pull, doors off & gettin ready to get ready to get the cab ready to pull

Ok....WOW.....there's a lot of s*** to remove, relocate & set aside to change a cab

Im just sayin

Just gotta keep tellin myself I'll have an awesome truck for very little cash
When its done

I figure I will have a completely "new" truck with everything in tip top shape for around $1200.00 bucks when finished
I see these trucks on craigs list & ebay every day going for a whole lot more than that
I feel good about this project

4cly, 5 speed, 3rd gen, standard cab, short bed, 4x4, (or 2wd) = sexy little ride.

Tons o stuff to do to get that cab changed. and if you're getting gutters anytime soon- fughetaboutit

Yes. Thank goodness my garage doors & gutters are in good condition

Elsewise I would burn no less than a weekend just getting ready for the gutters

And i don't even want to think about the garage door

Takes a hell of a man to let someone else install his garage door AND get ready for gutters all in the same weekeend

Yes. Thank goodness my garage doors & gutters are in good condition

Elsewise I would burn no less than a weekend just getting ready for the gutters

And i don't even want to think about the garage door

Takes a hell of a man to let someone else install his garage door AND get ready for gutters all in the same weekeend

:lol:

Ok, so I dismantle the mini in preperation for the new cab

Jump in the 4runner to go to work this mornin......no clutch

3 month old master cylinder took a s***

Call the parts store ( Vauto Zone) to warranty the part & they don't carry them anymore & can't order them
I say " what, why not"
He says nobody drives older cars anymore & they quit carrying that kinda stuff
I say "what about my warranty?" He says bring it back for a refund & go find one elsewhere.....

Now that's customer service

Sounds better than the warranty on your rear locker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom