Nav to Non-Nav Conversion Walkthrough (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My experience was that he was slow but he sent everything and it worked great. For me it was worth the wait.

I have an extra climate control assembly if anyone is interested. PM for more details.

88650-60B50
$100 obo

I'm still looking for the radio brackets if anyone can help me.
86211-60180
86212-60180

IMG_1570.jpeg

Radio brackets are on eBay
Very easy to find for 03-07. Next to impossible for 08-09. Different parts numbers unfortunately.

Can anyone confirm how different they are? I'd hate to waste the time ordering, trying to make it work, then realize they aren't compatible.

Very easy to find for 03-07. Next to impossible for 08-09. Different parts numbers unfortunately.

Can anyone confirm how different they are? I'd hate to waste the time ordering, trying to make it work, then realize they aren't compatible.

IMG_8919.png

Anyone have any tips on pinning the backlight wire into the HVAC controls? I did the swap a few months ago and everything works great except that I have no backlights on the HVAC. For the lift of me, I could not get the new pin inserted into the back of the connector.

Anyone have any tips on pinning the backlight wire into the HVAC controls? I did the swap a few months ago and everything works great except that I have no backlights on the HVAC. For the lift of me, I could not get the new pin inserted into the back of the connector.

Actually having this issue as well. My installer at the shop followed the PDF to the T and hasn't been able to get the backlight working yet.

I am trying to convert from Nav to Non Nav I have a 2004 gx 470 I bought 88650-60770 and none of the cables plug in. Do I need to buy a wiring harness for this to work?

Nothing connects to the grey plug or the three plugs on the non nav ac unit?

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 4.07.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 4.07.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 4.06.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 4.08.53 PM.png

Just read this thread from the beginning. There are lots of pictures of this harness and they are very helpful. Most helpful is buying the harness from Eldar, but that takes time. In the photos he shared he includes the wires for illumination, etc. Good luck, best upgrade to the gx.

You either buy the premade harness from Eldar, or you extend the existing connectors from over near the main ECU under the glove compartment. This thread has all the details you need to extend the existing connectors, which is the route I chose. It's a bit tedious and took several hours. But ultimately it is worth it and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Attempting this conversion today, anyone know what I set volume to before I turn off vehicle to begin? I know I need to set equalizer and balance all to default. I have all necessary parts including a harness from Eldar, but not much in terms of install guides…thanks.
Hey Sixto - Can you tell me what you ended up doing for the volume? I have the ML system. (I’ve got everything ready, other than a HU. I’m between a Joying or something standard, like Sony).

Planning ahead, I’d love to know how you set your sound settings before pulling the factory system.

Also, how is the sound after the install?

TIA for any insight!

Hey Sixto - Can you tell me what you ended up doing for the volume? I have the ML system. (I’ve got everything ready, other than a HU. I’m between a Joying or something standard, like Sony).

Planning ahead, I’d love to know how you set your sound settings before pulling the factory system.

Also, how is the sound after the install?

TIA for any insight!
Definitely set your volume high before you begin! I wound up not setting mine high enough, I wish I had maxed it out. I can’t recall what I used, but 40 seems like it rings a bell? Anyway, the sound is great, but sometimes I enjoy cranking a good tune and it’s not quite loud enough. I got the joying head unit which fits great and works well. I also replaced my factory speakers with ds18 8 ohms. I can’t say speakers seemed to make much difference…
Best advice is take your time, patience is necessary with all the trim and wires and inevitable issues that will arise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom