Mystery Switch near 4wd lever (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_4351.JPG
There's a switch without a label between my 4wd lever and the heated seat switches on my 2002 lx470. This button is completely missing from the picture index on the owners manual! I've looked all over the forums and can't find a single post about it. It's round with a white dot on one side (picture attached). I bought the car new so there's no way this is an aftermarket add-on. Anyone know what it's for?

Looks like an aftermarket switch, maybe for driving lights?

It may have been in the car when you bought it, but I'm pretty sure it is not "factory". Possibly port or dealer installed.

What does it look like underneath?

Where do the wires run?

It's an aftermarket add-on. Sorry, that's my vote. It's not factory. Could be dealer-installed. But, it's not factory. Maybe a shop "fixed" something (lights?) at some point and, instead of chasing the electrical issue, bypassed it by adding a switch. Because... it's an aftermarket switch... an add-on"

I only service this at the dealer so it must be a dealer add on. I'm going to follow the wires and keep you guys updated. Thanks for the quick replies so far

Accessory switch but definitely not a Toyota switch. Fog lights maybe.

It's in the on position, so whatever it is, it must not be very noticeable! I'm fairly certain the dealer won't know. It can be hard to trace wires once they leave the console area. Maybe at night try flipping it back and forth while someone watches outside?

if your car has oem nav, it might be an interrupt switch to the OEM speed sensor and nav brain. People sometimes splice this wire to a switch to trick the car that you are stationary and can then enter nav destinations and other options which only supposed to work when stopped. This "mod" is done on various toyota and lexus models.

if your car has oem nav, it might be an interrupt switch to the OEM speed sensor and nav brain. People sometimes splice this wire to a switch to trick the car that you are stationary and can then enter nav destinations and other options which only supposed to work when stopped. This "mod" is done on various toyota and lexus models.
Thanks, but my car doesn't let me put in a destination when i'm moving, so I don't think thats it.

So you have had the Lexus for 15 years and you are now just wondering what the switch does?

So you have had the Lexus for 15 years and you are now just wondering what the switch does?
My dad bought the car when it was new and he frankly doesn't know a lot about it. I drive it now and realized the other day that I have no idea what the switch does lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom