Mystery oil leak coming from rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I’ve got a 2006 LX470 and walking to my car this morning I saw a small puddle of oil behind the right rear wheel. Upon closer inspection the leak seems to originate from 2 pipes directly behind the wheel. Am I right in thinking these are the infamous ac lines leaking? Haven’t seen the leakage before but my car was parked on an incline so maybe that’s why it was more noticeable today.
I’ve recently replaced the AC compressor and condenser since they were both shot and the system blows cold again. Can the AC still be used without damaging it or should I park the car till I get it fixed. Also, seeing as this is probably AC compressor oil, is there any way to refill it? Thanks guys! It’s my first LC/LX and im not too familiar with it yet.

EDFCE63C-5345-4C89-8986-6D099B492A30.jpeg

CF0DAD26-066A-4144-A6BA-7834690929AD.jpeg

I believe the lower rubber line that drips on the ground is the condensate line for the rear A/C and is normally dripping liquid if that system is running; however, it should not be dripping any type of oil. I'm wondering if that top line is the main culprit and just the force of acceleration is making it drip onto the lower line and making it appear as though they're both leaking the same fluid?

Wipe the it all off and watch it.

I believe the lower rubber line that drips on the ground is the condensate line for the rear A/C and is normally dripping liquid if that system is running; however, it should not be dripping any type of oil. I'm wondering if that top line is the main culprit and just the force of acceleration is making it drip onto the lower line and making it appear as though they're both leaking the same fluid?

The top metal line had oil droplets hanging off of it. I’m at a loss as to what it could be. I’ve parked in this inclined spot before and it has never leaked like this.

So I’ve wiped off the oil and parked it in a level spot. Same thing, keeps leaking oil. Anyone have any ideas? Or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and go to the Toyota/Lexus dealership in town here.

no damage to the a/c system will occur, when it gets low on charge it won't run anymore.

So I’ve wiped off the oil and parked it in a level spot. Same thing, keeps leaking oil. Anyone have any ideas? Or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and go to the Toyota/Lexus dealership in town here.

did you find the source? There might be a gasket at that connection thats leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom