mystery hole in the dash of 1993 Model 80 El Wahsh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1993 gulf spec project is getting close to useable. Here's El Wahsh today:
full

I spent the past couple of weekends hunting parts to get the factory winch working again as mentioned in another post. Now we are starting on the dash, putting in a JVC head unit, rear camera, etc. But as I've been hunting up fuse covers, 4H switches, aircon panels, I've come up to something that is stumping me:
full

I can't seem to find model 80 information specific to the gulf spec 1993. The panels in the owners manuals I can find look quite different. Could this be a space for the inside winch controller? Manual choke? The other side of the steering wheel has a manual throttle pull.

Anyone have any ideas or better yet a photo of what should be there? Thanks in advance for the help!

The US spec models I've seen (including my '94) have a blank there too. May have been a JDM option.

Thank you both. I will keep looking into this...

I'm pretty sure the LHD hand throttle goes into the hole on the lower right side of the steering wheel. At least that's what my FSM leads me to believe...

I'm pretty sure that hole would be for a manual choke on carburetor engines. It's blank on mine.

I was thinking the hole is mirrored on RHD models (so, on the right side) and that it's the RHD spot for the hand throttle. It makes more sense to me than the relatively flimsy mounting hole on the LHD models.

OK Ronny.

I have not been accused of being a Russian before.....:)

Trust, but verify. :D
You changed your head gasket recently? It's believed that folks that argue with Dan more often than not have sudden head gasket issues...

You changed your head gasket recently? It's believed that folks that argue with Dan more often than not have sudden head gasket issues...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not curse me with that just yet. I mostly just want to see what a LHD, carbureted choke setup looks like. I suspect it will look disappointingly like my hand throttle...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not curse me with that just yet. I mostly just want to see what a LHD, carbureted choke setup looks like. I suspect it will look disappointingly like my hand throttle...

I'm prepared to drop the DEFCON level in this case. How about a valve covet gasket instead.....:)

Ummm..... apologies for interrupting this .... interesting....dialog, but I can verify that El Wahsh does have a hand throttle to the right of the steering wheel. The mystery hole could well be for the choke. My salvage yard guy has not come back with an answer and he does nothing but model 80s and 76s so I'm hopeful he will have seen it, albeit on a RHD. He seems to get 90% RHD parts trucks from AUS and Japan.

I really did enjoy the back and forth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom