My misc restoration ramblings/questions thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might check with someone at state farm other than your local agent. Sometimes they aren't aware of everything that they can offer especially if it's outside the realm of what they do on a daily basis.

Ive got state farm, and i think we agreed upon a value of the truck when we bought it 3 years ago. check with another agent, and see what they can do. youd be surprised how cutthroat that industry is, even with sharks of the same species

Photos that I took for the insurance company...

Engine:
Engine.jpg

Interior:
Interior.jpg

LongFront.jpg
Fregen droool....my first truck ever...

Rob

I have over a thousand photos. A couple more recent ones:

Tailgate.jpg

Front.jpg

Yes, the frame is reinforced, in several places. There is a big 1/4" plate across the front that stiffen the front crossmember and the bumper mounts, it extends down to the front spring hanger. Then there is a bunch of gussets on the back of the hanger. I also plated where the steering box mounts, this is what it looked like after sandblasting:

Stripped4.jpg

The gas tank has been raised ~1-1/4".
What did you finally paint the frame with? Primer and then semigloss black? I'm pulling off my fenders and bumper, so I might try to protect the frame.

I used Rustoleum red metal primer (1 coat) and satin black (3 coats). I sprayed it all with my HVLP gun, outside on a huge sheet of plastic, flipping it for each coat. There's so much Fluid Film on it now, the paint is kinda irrelevant.

But I did coat the front crossmember with Monstaliner while I was doing the bumpers, trying to protect it from road sand and grit.

Hey KLF I'll give you some cash for your non vent window gaskets!!

I'll put them in a box and let you know, I still have your address. I'll be posting more stuff soon.

Awesome! I have a huge stockpile of parts and also work at my local Toyota dealer. Let me know if you ever need anything... I get pretty good parts discounts ( kinda the only reason I work there haha )

Hey KLF, how long have you rocked the 40 series emblem??? I badged mine in the same spot over a year ago!! I was certain that I was rockin the only mini with a 40 emblem.... Hahahaha my first love was my 73 40 series.... She's in pieces still

I bought that bling from Sam a few years ago, stuck it on last Fall after I got all the paint work done. I cut the studs off the back, then stuck it on with very sticky trim tape.

KLF, those tires are 285/75r16 correct? What do they measure and you're running an OME lift, what height is it? I'm wondering as I'm planning on 2.5" with 31's and am debating on running 33's or 31's.

Yes, that is the size I am running, they are Goodyear Duratracs. I believe they are right around 33" tall, and yes I have OME springs, I think they are supposed to be a 2" lift. I bought those springs wayyy back in 1999, they only had one available height back then. No rubbing at all. But my front springs are done, they need to be replaced.

How is the distance between the wheel wells? Do you think dropping down 2 inches would make it look funny?

I'm not sure what you mean. There's plenty of room under the fenders for these tires. I'm concerned that if I buy new springs for the front that the truck will sit higher in the front, though. I also have a pronounced lean to one side that wasn't there before, and I can't figure out why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom