Builds My GCC Spec 1HD-FTE Converted FZJ100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beautiful day for wrenching!

IMG_0905.JPG

Finally got back into the truck. Since fluids aren't available on compound I had to order them through the shop.

Did an oil change and converted to 5w30 synthetic. I'm sure the truck ran 10w30 or higher for years due to the hotter climate. Going to need the lower temp stuff for Canada!

IMG_0909.JPG

There was a neat 80 a couple bays over. 5 speed, barn doors and carb'd 1FZ. Interesting.

IMG_0914.JPG

Cheers for that. I believe it is this harness.

IMG_0868.PNG

Last day in Saudi. Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped as parts for stuck in customs. This country is a silly place to say the least. Putting it mildly.

Change my idler bearing and a few other things so she sounds better now while running. Took a quick vid of it starting up.

FZJ100 Quick Walk Around

Video link above.

Also clutch pedal doesn't have a sensor on it so you don't need to press the clutch to start the truck. An option where safety features aren't priority lol

Along with the parts came the new power steering pump and o ring. Too bad it's too late.

Going to take back to Canada and install when it gets there. Need to order a new low pressure supply hose as mine is cracking and high pressure gaskets before I tackle it.

IMG_0966.JPG

Nice new project for you. Your dream truck!

What are you selling, your 80 or your 4runner? Remember all the work I helped you put into the latest 5spd swap ;)

Damn I just saw this, already sold my 4runner bud. I may sell my 80 as I have an opportunity in 2018 to import a GCC FZJ80... who knows.

Subscribed. I own a GCC facelift 100, probably the only one in Northern Europe (no joke). You know what I really miss and what you will too? Seat heaters. And heated mirrors. You mentioned it's a GXR, but it's decalled as a VXR, which is top spec.

I also have the Sub tank, but unfortunately no barn doors, nor the (very cool) ladder on the C pillar. I DO also have a gold emblem on the hood, and chromed out mirrors.

What yours doesn't have but all UAE rigs I have seen do, is full on rust protection. Ugly as all hell but it works.

Just FYI, here's mine: What's this for? And .....presenting my new LC100:

Last edited:
Subscribed. I own a GCC facelift 100, probably the only one in Northern Europe (no joke). You know what I really miss and what you will too? Seat heaters. And heated mirrors. You mentioned it's a GXR, but it's decalled as a VXR, which is top spec.

I also have the Sub tank, but unfortunately no barn doors, nor the (very cool) ladder on the C pillar. I DO also have a gold emblem on the hood, and chromed out mirrors.

What yours doesn't have but all UAE rigs I have seen do, is full on rust protection. Ugly as all hell but it works.

Just FYI, here's mine: What's this for? And .....presenting my new LC100:

Very neat 100! Too bad it didn't come with all the cool stuff like manual trans and barn doors eh? Funny you mentioned only one in Northern Europe... I'm convinced mine will be the only one in North America. Someone prove me wrong! :)

I've survived so far without seat warmers in my HDJ81... though it would be on my list for sure!

Mine is definitely GX.R (check out first page) and VX.R only came with the V8.

Luckily there's basically no rust on my rig. Very little if any. Unfortunately, a downside to GCC rigs is heat scoring. It's a totally different animal and also makes plastic very fragile. Hence breaking wire harnesses...

Just a little update... decided to defer shipment for a couple reasons... Calgary can get very cold so having the vehicle arrive in the winter scares me a bit with summer spec gasoline (that would have sat for 3 months). And also the export process is rather difficult. The Saudi government wants all sorts of documentation just to export the thing. Most importantly police approvals and whatnot. For which you need to hire a 3rd party to collect since it's all in Arabic. So basically I need to know a guy who knows a guy. It's how it works in the middle east.

Can finally update this thread!

Truck has made it to port. Time for the countdown to arrival in Vancouver.

Truck on its last morning at my parents house

IMG_1594.JPG

And at the port in Dammam

IMG_1592.JPG

Huge thanks to my dad for putting all this together and taking it to the port. If anyone knows anything about Saudi Arabia, it's that driving there is a scary experience. Thanks dad!

He was saying that the people he was dealing with during the export process were confused that he was sending it away. They kept offering to buy it and tried to convince him not to go through with export.

I received a warm congratulatory handshake from my Kuwaiti friend when I first brought home my HDJ81. I hadn't realized that owning a Land Cruiser was a significant life milestone over there. I'm not surprised they didn't want to see it go!

Looks fantastic, congrats

Hopefully Ill see it driving around town when it gets here.

Those Sumitomo Shaheen tires are great, I have a set on my 100 series.
They are a sand tire for the road.

However they won't exactly be great on snow in Canada! I'll be putting BFG KO2s on her when she gets here. :)

Finally updating this thread.

Truck arrived in Vancouver and flew by customs no problem.

Having issues with the freight forwarding though. They dispatched a driver to pick it up and apparently it needs to be able to start for them to put it on their truck. The battery was dead and apparently they were not able to jump it. So they charged me for a "pick up attempt". Needless to say, I was pissed.

I just so happened to be in Vancouver on vacation and dropped by to see if I could start it. It took me all of 2 minutes to start it. Fxxxing weasels.

But I was glad to see the truck. It had lots of Saudi desert dust on it and didn't have any dents or scratches from transport which was nice to see.

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

Finally updating this thread.

Truck arrived in Vancouver and flew by customs no problem.

Having issues with the freight forwarding though. They dispatched a driver to pick it up and apparently it needs to be able to start for them to put it on their truck. The battery was dead and apparently they were not able to jump it. So they charged me for a "pick up attempt". Needless to say, I was pissed.

I just so happened to be in Vancouver on vacation and dropped by to see if I could start it. It took me all of 2 minutes to start it. ****ing weasels.

But I was glad to see the truck. It had lots of Saudi desert dust on it and didn't have any dents or scratches from transport which was nice to see.

View attachment 1523535

View attachment 1523534
I see these on a daily basis and even own an fzj100 but it still excites me when I see one!

NIce to see it here! Can't wait to see it in person

Well nightmare scenario just happened. A truck ran into my 100 at the storage yard.

DSC_0190.JPG

Working out details with insurance. Scathing reviews coming for all the companies I have used for this process so far. It's been an abysmal process trying to get this thing here.

bummer! major

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom